Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Robert Roaldi on October 29, 2015, 07:01:06 pm

Title: the value of exposure
Post by: Robert Roaldi on October 29, 2015, 07:01:06 pm
Value of exposure. (http://theoatmeal.com/comics/exposure)
Title: Re: the value of exposure
Post by: landscapephoto on October 30, 2015, 03:25:12 am
Isn't that web site with the comic on the value of exposure actually financed by exposure? I certainly found no way to pay the artist.
Title: Re: the value of exposure
Post by: Justinr on October 30, 2015, 04:15:48 am
Ive just bookmarked that page, there's one or two I might want to send it to!
Title: Re: the value of exposure
Post by: Jimbo57 on October 30, 2015, 12:03:01 pm
It raises a perpetually difficult philosophical question.

I think we all thoroughly despise so-called "creative" types who prostitute their creativity in pursuit of a fast buck (or any buck, for that matter), but......

Damn...... I've forgotten what the question was.
Title: Re: the value of exposure
Post by: Justinr on October 30, 2015, 01:11:14 pm
It raises a perpetually difficult philosophical question.

I think we all thoroughly despise so-called "creative" types who prostitute their creativity in pursuit of a fast buck (or any buck, for that matter), but......

Damn...... I've forgotten what the question was.

We might expect better of them but at the end of the day it's all about the buck. The only artists who don't need to worry about earning a living are those who already have a pile.
Title: Re: the value of exposure
Post by: SZRitter on October 30, 2015, 01:54:36 pm
Isn't that web site with the comic on the value of exposure actually financed by exposure? I certainly found no way to pay the artist.

Try the shop link. I'm pretty sure it is paid for by selling books, knick-knacks, and even a card game. Probably also licensing deals.