Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: HCS on October 29, 2015, 05:34:53 pm

Title: Mount Ruapehu, New Zealand
Post by: HCS on October 29, 2015, 05:34:53 pm
Oldie of Mount Ruapehu, a volcano in Tongariro National Park in New Zealand. Shot on slide film (velvia 100) with a 24mm.
Title: Re: Mount Ruapehu, New Zealand
Post by: Tony Jay on October 29, 2015, 06:18:54 pm
Glad you actually got to see the mountain Hans!

The few times I have been there all has been hidden by cloud.

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Mount Ruapehu, New Zealand
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 30, 2015, 04:55:19 am
Good image.
Title: Re: Mount Ruapehu, New Zealand
Post by: HCS on October 30, 2015, 02:56:35 pm
Glad you actually got to see the mountain Hans!

The few times I have been there all has been hidden by cloud.

Tony Jay

Thanks Tony. I only had the opportunity to go once, it's the other side of the globe for me (i'm from NL). But most of our trip in NZ (Oct./Nov. 2004) was rather OK weather wise.
Title: Re: Mount Ruapehu, New Zealand
Post by: HCS on October 30, 2015, 02:57:05 pm
Good image.

Thank you Paulo, appreciated.
Title: Re: Mount Ruapehu, New Zealand
Post by: Richard Pearlman on October 31, 2015, 09:39:08 pm
It's a nice shot, but I think it would be more striking during a time of day with more dynamic light.
Title: Re: Mount Ruapehu, New Zealand
Post by: HCS on November 01, 2015, 08:50:03 am
It's a nice shot, but I think it would be more striking during a time of day with more dynamic light.

I'd have to absolutely agree. But (this is not an excuse) on a once in a life time holiday, one takes pictures when they present themselves. Having said that, while it was midday here, I was quite lucky with a storm front moving in.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting.