Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: chuckn on October 28, 2015, 09:55:58 pm
-
I took this photograph last week in the Maze district of Canyonlands. It had been raining all day, clouds parted around 3:30 PM revealing the valley below.
Chuck
-
A dark scene, darkly rendered. Impossible to appreciate on my 13" laptop. Might make a very interesting print.
-
Nice vista, with the interesting sky and clouds. Like the toning too.
-
I quite like it. The valley floor offers a good contrast vs the rock formations. B&W works perfectly here and is the way to go, especially after a rainy day in the canyon - colors usually turn dark green/brown.
-
I'm not a hundred percent on processing of this version..maybe a little dark in shadows - that said the subjects and the structure of the image all are really great /B
-
The big, dynamic lines keep the eye engaged, and the clouds stop it from running off out of the frame.
-
Another spectacular photograph, Chuck!