Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: nemophoto on October 26, 2015, 01:48:17 pm
-
I have to admit, I've been reticent to update my Photoshop since it's running smoothly and there have been issues with Photoshop CC (2015). That said, I have a lull in my work, so it's a good time to do the upgrade.
I was about to upgrade and noticed that in the process, Photoshop removes all older versions -- a good thing (I guess), because the previous versions left my computer littered with old versions. However, the past few updates, I've simply dragged my plugins over to the newer Photoshop and had no issues with them work.
My question: what happens to the plugins I installed in the plugin folder of CC 2014? I have a ton. (I admit, I'm a bit of a plugin whore.) I have ZERO desire to reinstall these. Does the grade/update trash all my plugins in cc 2014 forcing me (unless I copy them ahead of time) to reinstall?
Thanks for the help.
Nemo
-
A trick I did one time was:
-Uninstall CC 2014 (keep the settings)
Only the plug-in installed files will remain in the old
c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\
-Install CC 2015
-Copy the files from
c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\
to
c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\
without overwriting
Plug-ins was not a problem, but some custom panels/scripts was.
http://www.knowhowtransfer.com/how-to-survive-photoshop-cc-2015-update/
BTW, before doing anything best create a system image, if something goes wrong
you can restoreā¦
I use one bootable USB pen drive with Acronis, but there are free options like
http://www.backup-utility.com/onekey-recovery.html
-
Thanks for the suggestions. I used some of them. I installed PS CC 2015 without a hitch and copied teh plugins over. They all seem to work without issue.