Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chairman Bill on October 26, 2015, 05:58:17 am

Title: Highland Long-Horn Cattle
Post by: Chairman Bill on October 26, 2015, 05:58:17 am
C&C welcome
Title: Re: Highland Long-Horn Cattle
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on October 26, 2015, 06:58:17 am
Hi Bill, I love the first one,for me it brings to mind the line from the move Taxi Driver "you talking' to me?"  :)
Title: Re: Highland Long-Horn Cattle
Post by: stamper on October 26, 2015, 09:59:13 am
In the first I think there might be a crop on the right hand side that would be beneficial? Take out the out of focus tree and the tree to the right. Otherwise a very likeable image. The second one I find amusing and I haven't any suggestions with regards to improvements because no improvement is needed. A finely processed image.
Title: Re: Highland Long-Horn Cattle
Post by: francois on October 27, 2015, 06:59:27 am
I prefer the first one, there's some interaction between the photographer and the cow. I agree with Stamper vs the out of focus tree on the right.
The second one is also nice and it reminds me of the poya paintings (http://www.lebendigetraditionen.ch/traditionen/00047/index.html?lang=en) found on some swiss farmhouses.

PS: on the linked page, look for the second and following images.