Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: OldRoy on October 24, 2015, 09:10:12 am

Title: Vivian Maier - TV program and essay
Post by: OldRoy on October 24, 2015, 09:10:12 am
Edit: Oops - posted this before noticing the other thread.

Today (Saturday Oct 24) UK subscription channel Sky Arts are showing a documentary at 1800 this evening about the mysterious American street photographer Vivian Maier. At the time of writing I haven't yet seen it so I can't comment on its virtues or otherwise.

http://www.sky.com/tv/show/finding-vivian-maier

By coincidence the London Review of Books current edition has a fascinating diary article by someone for whom the eccentric Ms. Maier once worked as a nanny.

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v37/n20/linda-matthews/diary

Not sure if this article is visible to non-subscribers but for anyone who has a burning desire to read it (& it's entertaining) I'm sure a way can be found to make the content available.

Edit. Absolutely riveting documentary!