Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: mseawell on October 23, 2015, 09:50:01 pm

Title: Autumn mood
Post by: mseawell on October 23, 2015, 09:50:01 pm
From our travels to Stewart Falls close to the Sundance resort in Utah. We hiked for over an hour with a visiting friend from England. Loved every minute except for the biting ladybugs! We had been told the foliage was gone but there was still life in the mountains. Autumn mood.
Title: Re: Autumn mood
Post by: marcgoldring on October 24, 2015, 07:01:37 am
I enjoy the contrast in the trees - hard to do autumn in black & white! What is that on the top of the hillside to the left? It looks like a fence or some such. A bit distracting but that could just be me... Fun to look at!

Marco
Title: Re: Autumn mood
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 24, 2015, 09:56:39 am
Stunning, both composition and tonalities.

Yes, I think that is a long fence. Perhaps a snow fence? Is there a ski slope on the other side? Or it might be intended to minimize avalanche risk on the side of the mountain that we can't see.

Title: Re: Autumn mood
Post by: mseawell on October 24, 2015, 10:09:15 am
I would wager for the snow. This is close to the Alpine Loop and with the Sundance resort being a 5 minute drive down the mountain skiing is huge around here.
Title: Re: Autumn mood
Post by: sdwilsonsct on October 25, 2015, 09:37:34 am
Good lines here, I understand why you went b&w.
Title: Re: Autumn mood
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 26, 2015, 05:58:15 am
Very good image. I like the several triangles and shapes that are present.
Title: Re: Autumn mood
Post by: stamper on October 26, 2015, 09:47:07 am
Very good image. I like the several triangles and shapes that are present.

Agreed.