Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: cottagehunter on October 23, 2015, 12:56:14 pm

Title: Epson xp850 printer prints with magenta cast.
Post by: cottagehunter on October 23, 2015, 12:56:14 pm
I am printing out my calandars and suddenly the printer starts printing with a strong magenta cast. I  am printing from Photoshop cc 2015 have turned on photoshop manages colors and have gone into printer properties and selected icm and checked no color correction box. This just started happening after a magenta and light magenta change so I tried another set of cartridges  with same results.
I have googled this problem but after reading several posts no one appears to have a solution to the problem.

Thanks in advance
Pierre

Title: Re: Epson xp850 printer prints with magenta cast.
Post by: digitaldog on October 23, 2015, 03:56:54 pm
Nozzle check, then output a color reference image to see if it suffers this cast:
http://www.digitaldog.net/files/2014PrinterTestFileFlat.tif.zip
You may end up having to fully delete the driver and install anew.
Title: Re: Epson xp850 printer prints with magenta cast.
Post by: cottagehunter on October 24, 2015, 12:54:26 pm
Thanks Andrew for the information and the test print.
The test print printed with a strong magenta cast all faces were reddish in colour. The greens and yellow were not present the hair came out greenish (faded) , the wall of the adobe was purple, the colours on the test chart were all over the place and the colour strips on the left side were pale aqua, light magenta, light cyan next row was royal blue cyan and shades of red.
I guess the printer is toast.
Forgot to mention that I had uninstalled the printer  and drivers downloaded new drivers from Epson and reinstalled everything before doing your test print.

Pierre
Title: Re: Epson xp850 printer prints with magenta cast.
Post by: na goodman on October 24, 2015, 07:22:10 pm
But, did you run a nozzle check? I may have missed that but I didn't see if you did.
Title: Re: Epson xp850 printer prints with magenta cast.
Post by: cottagehunter on October 24, 2015, 08:38:32 pm
Boy some us (me) can be dumb I recently had a problem with my 7900 printing with a cyan cast I had run a nozzle check and everything seemed fine . I was looking for broken lines or spaces in the swatch but I failed to notice that the 10th swatch, magenta had not printed at all. After doing a pairs clean everything was restored. You would have thuk I learned from that , but not me I thought I had done a nozzle check , as I usually do one before every run, but it wasn't until the question of Nozzle check was reinforced by goodman that I decided to run a nozzle check . Guess what I had two bad swatches both cyan and light cyan, after doing a clean the cast was gone, Shows one should follow all the steps of advice that digital dog gives not just what seems obvious.
Again thanks to both of you for your timely advice

Pierre
See my son got elected as the Prime Minister of Canada on Monday night, well I use to say when a receptionist in the 70's was floundering with my last name to just tell the person that it was Pierre there are only two worth knowing and the other one was in Ottawa.
Title: Re: Epson xp850 printer prints with magenta cast.
Post by: na goodman on October 24, 2015, 10:01:35 pm
I'm just glad you're up and running again.