Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: mokenny on October 23, 2015, 01:26:50 am

Title: sunrise
Post by: mokenny on October 23, 2015, 01:26:50 am
sunrise on the caribbean side. Sometimes the things you do in pursuit of your passion.
I remember taking this photo in a mosquito infested cove on Long Island in the caribbean.
Hopefully it was worth it.
Comments appreciated
Thanks
Mo Kenny
Title: Re: sunrise
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 23, 2015, 04:05:56 am
The quality of the file is poor, but the photo itself looks nice.
Title: Re: sunrise
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 23, 2015, 04:23:30 am
The quality of the file is poor, but the photo itself looks nice.

+1. I think it needs to be rotated slightly anti-clockwise.

Jeremy
Title: Re: sunrise
Post by: marcgoldring on October 23, 2015, 06:21:33 am
Not to be overly literal, but was that the color of the light? I've not been to that end of the world so I've no experience, just looks a tad unnatural... Lovely, but the color makes me a bit uncomfortable, may just be me...

Marco
Title: Re: sunrise
Post by: Shakyphoto (Slim) on October 23, 2015, 06:37:29 am
I don't mind the color, but I wish the boat was a bit more prominent.
Title: Re: sunrise
Post by: mokenny on October 24, 2015, 02:47:39 pm
That is the color of the sky and it is reflected in the sea on the Caribbean side of the island as opposed to the Atlantic side. You only need to be there to see the color(s).
Regarding the quality of the file, I made sure it was sharpened for viewing on a monitor. I displayed it on another monitor and it looks clear to me. I may need to change the color space to sRGB.
I flipped the picture anticlockwise and it is attached
Thank you all for your constructive criticisms.
Mo Kenny
Title: Re: sunrise
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 24, 2015, 07:08:15 pm
I flipped the picture anticlockwise and it is attached

I didn't mean mirrored: I meant rotated a degree or two. The horizon isn't level.

Jeremy