Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: PBC on October 20, 2015, 03:12:03 pm

Title: Autumn Brúarfoss - Iceland
Post by: PBC on October 20, 2015, 03:12:03 pm
Just back from some time in Iceland and thought I would share an image from one of the not so popular waterfalls - but starting to grow in popularity I understand...

This was taken on a grey dull day, but I think this has helped the mood of the image.

Some more of my images from Iceland can be found at: http://philcorleyphotography.com/iceland

Appreciate all feedback and thoughts

Phil
Title: Re: Autumn Brúarfoss - Iceland
Post by: DwayneOakes on October 20, 2015, 06:18:31 pm
Stunning, great clarity.

Dwayne Oakes
Title: Re: Autumn Brúarfoss - Iceland
Post by: Tony Jay on October 20, 2015, 06:35:32 pm
Nothing dull about this image!
Stunningly beautiful!

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Autumn Brúarfoss - Iceland
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 20, 2015, 07:24:01 pm
Nothing dull about this image!
Stunningly beautiful!

Tony Jay
+1.
Title: Re: Autumn Brúarfoss - Iceland
Post by: Arlen on October 20, 2015, 09:37:11 pm
A very striking scene. And I agree that the cloudy sky adds to it; much better I think than a clear blue cloudless sky.
Title: Re: Autumn Brúarfoss - Iceland
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 21, 2015, 03:39:22 am
Very good image, with a bit of colour here and there to give it some life. I would like to see another version, with more sky.
Title: Re: Autumn Brúarfoss - Iceland
Post by: Chairman Bill on October 21, 2015, 08:01:03 am
Looks very nice to me. I'd love to see a B&W version
Title: Re: Autumn Brúarfoss - Iceland
Post by: NancyP on October 21, 2015, 11:42:52 am
mmmmm goood!
Title: Re: Autumn Brúarfoss - Iceland
Post by: Arlen on October 21, 2015, 03:12:25 pm
Looks very nice to me. I'd love to see a B&W version

Me too, I'm confident it would be very striking in B&W. But it's so luscious in color, I'm also sure it would be one of those cases where I would agonize a long time about which was better, and which to pick for showing to the world.
Title: Re: Autumn Brúarfoss - Iceland
Post by: PBC on October 21, 2015, 04:11:12 pm
Thanks guys

Regarding B&W - I must admit I just don't think in B&W at all, and never consider B&W, just work in color.  I will give this a go and see what I think; so thank you for the suggestion.

I must admit these small falls are a treat to photograph; the water flowing through is a lovely blue (can't recall what causes the blue water) and it has a number of different compositions available.  Attached are two more from my set of 3 I made at this location...

 
Title: Re: Autumn Brúarfoss - Iceland
Post by: sdwilsonsct on October 21, 2015, 05:01:16 pm
All very pleasing. I especially like the third for its symmetry, colour and movement.
Title: Re: Autumn Brúarfoss - Iceland
Post by: luxborealis on October 21, 2015, 09:05:40 pm
All positives - stunning place and equally stunning photograph.
Title: Re: Autumn Brúarfoss - Iceland
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 21, 2015, 09:08:51 pm
All positives - stunning place and equally stunning photograph.
+1.
Title: Re: Autumn Brúarfoss - Iceland
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 22, 2015, 03:45:11 am
I like the third most of all. What a lovely scene.

Jeremy