Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: anhnha on October 19, 2015, 11:45:37 pm

Title: Detecting scratches on image with much noise
Post by: anhnha on October 19, 2015, 11:45:37 pm
I am having problem to detect scratch on these images. Actually, it is very easy to see by human eyes. However, when applying some algorithms, there are a lot of noise and I couldn't extract the scratch only.

Here are links for these images: http://s21.postimg.org/uc7xu848n/scratch.png http://s14.postimg.org/nr7ois341/scratch _2.png2.

At present, I tried some kinds of filter (smoothing, average, median, Gaussian filter or Sobel edge detector) to erase noise and detect scratch but they don't help much. Could you suggest some idea? Some tools or algorithms that I should consider?

Scratches are large slashes.
Title: Re: Detecting scratches on image with much noise
Post by: Lundberg02 on October 20, 2015, 01:11:54 am
Google FFT filters. Perfect for low frequency deterministic patterns.