Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: msongs on October 19, 2015, 04:15:49 pm
-
here in Hawaii cannot find anyone who sells self adhesive gator board. UPS really gouges us on shipping, 4 times as much as the USPS, but suppliers refuse to do what is best for us customers price wise so shipping gator board will probably be massively expensive. there are some suppliers who sell self adhesive foam core locally. Does that come in brand names and would you recommend any of them> I am mounting smaller canvas prints like 12x36 that have been varnished. thanks!
Msongs
-
Gilman Bros. MountCor for canvas. Strong bond low temp.(130F).
-
I've found canvas mounted to foam core to delaminate rather quickly. if I were you I'd use miracle muck and gator OR miracle muck and masonite...the masonite route will be the least expensive. some people also use Breathing Color's original varnish as a mounting adhesive too, at your size it should work nicely. none of the options are as easy as a predone self adhesive sheet, but all should be more permanent and ultimately not too hard.