Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Shakyphoto (Slim) on October 19, 2015, 04:07:17 am

Title: Blood at the Gates
Post by: Shakyphoto (Slim) on October 19, 2015, 04:07:17 am
(https://farm1.staticflickr.com/661/21797325251_409ef0fe03_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/zd9ZoB)Blood Moon SF- (https://flic.kr/p/zd9ZoB) by Stephen Lim (https://www.flickr.com/photos/stephen_tl/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Blood at the Gates
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 19, 2015, 06:11:57 am
I like this a lot. One thing that does bother me, though, is the brightness of the lights, particularly the white lights. Could you perhaps tone them down just a little bit, so they don't draw the eye so much?

Jeremy
Title: Re: Blood at the Gates
Post by: marcgoldring on October 19, 2015, 06:13:48 am
So much to love in this image! Though I hesitate over the lights on the bridge, something about them distracts me, especially the ones that interact with the clouds. Wish I could suggest a strategy to address that...

Marco
Title: Re: Blood at the Gates
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 19, 2015, 06:44:04 am
Really good.
Title: Re: Blood at the Gates
Post by: stamper on October 19, 2015, 07:14:25 am
So much to love in this image! Though I hesitate over the lights on the bridge, something about them distracts me, especially the ones that interact with the clouds. Wish I could suggest a strategy to address that...

Marco

PS > New fill Layer set to yellow and the Blend IF sliders set to only affect the lightest areas which excludes the darker areas. I use this method to fill in burnt out sun areas in sunset images. Google for a better explanation.
Title: Re: Blood at the Gates
Post by: francois on October 20, 2015, 03:50:41 am
Very nice but I would tone down the red lights. Framing is excellent.
Well done.
Title: Re: Blood at the Gates
Post by: Shakyphoto (Slim) on October 23, 2015, 06:06:52 am
Thanks for all the feedback.  I had similar concerns.  Will try and incorporate when I have time.