Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Jens Peermann on October 18, 2015, 11:57:02 am

Title: The Golden Gate Lives up to its Name
Post by: Jens Peermann on October 18, 2015, 11:57:02 am
This is a frame I took while trying to find the right composition. The Edge of the GND causes a line on the left side, probably because of the angle to the setting sun. When going through the images on my computer I decided to keep this one despite the flaw, because of the overall power it radiates.

Title: Re: The Golden Gate Lives up to its Name
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 18, 2015, 01:38:58 pm
It's beautiful. I don't think you'd lose much by cropping out the imperfection.

Jeremy
Title: Re: The Golden Gate Lives up to its Name
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 18, 2015, 02:51:48 pm
It's beautiful. I don't think you'd lose much by cropping out the imperfection.

Jeremy
+1.
Title: Re: The Golden Gate Lives up to its Name
Post by: john beardsworth on October 18, 2015, 03:19:48 pm
It's beautiful. I don't think you'd lose much by cropping out the imperfection.

I agree. I suspect cropping would make a real virtue out of necessity.
Title: Re: The Golden Gate Lives up to its Name
Post by: francois on October 19, 2015, 03:34:30 am
It won't be easy to correct the issue so crop it and be happy wit this great shot.
Title: Re: The Golden Gate Lives up to its Name
Post by: Shakyphoto (Slim) on October 19, 2015, 04:05:23 am
Agree you can crop it out and lose almost nothing from the "feeling"
Title: Re: The Golden Gate Lives up to its Name
Post by: marcgoldring on October 19, 2015, 06:11:23 am
Now I get the name of the bridge! Great image!!

Marco
Title: Re: The Golden Gate Lives up to its Name
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 19, 2015, 06:45:15 am
Yup, great shot, crop it.