Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Trevor Murgatroyd on October 17, 2015, 03:04:03 pm
-
This bird obligingly flew into exactly the right place is this image, and I would love to know what kind of bird it is.
Can anyone enlighten me?
Many thanks,
Trevor
-
A bird on the wing?
Sorry!
Rob C
-
Looks like some sort of gull to me…
-Dave-
-
Where was the photo taken?
It might be a Ring-billed Gull: http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Ring-billed_Gull/id
-
+1 on it being a gull. Knowing where it was taken might help to narrow the field.
-
I can say with complete confidence that this bird is what my little son used to call "a French-fry bird" AKA sea gull (of some sort). ;D
Rand
-
It was taken in Nootka Sound, off the west coast of Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada.
I was hoping it was something a little more exotic than a gull!
Thanks for your input.
-
Body and bill outline look a lot like a ring-billed gull. OCICBW
-
It was taken in Nootka Sound, off the west coast of Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada.
I was hoping it was something a little more exotic than a gull!
Thanks for your input.
A lost parrot?
;-)
Rob C
-
This could be the one! ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8COt1n3jDqA (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8COt1n3jDqA)