Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: jed best on October 16, 2015, 05:29:19 am
-
Imageprint 10 for the Epson P800 is now available. I upgraded last night and downloaded several profiles for the papers I have. My prints seems somewhat more neutral and richer than the prints I made on the same paper using a custom profile I created with my profiling software.
-
What is your profiling software and hardware?
-
I have used CoPrA and I1 Prolifer. Measurement device was I1 spectro with an IO table. I have made only a few prints as of now but was very impressed. I showed the prints done in IP and Mirage and an outsider picked the IP.
-
OK thanks for that; useful to know for such comparisons what the profiling set-up is and that it's good. Did you also make the prints just using the Epson driver (no Mirage) and your custom profiles? If so how do they compare with the ImagePrint output?
-
Hi Mark,
I have not yet printed through LR. However, LR and Mirage do use the same profile. It just seems that the image is somewhat sharper and colors somewhat richer. I will be printing a few more images this weekend for comparison.
-
I have now make ten prints ( up late last night and early this morning) and my opinion still is the same. I feel the prints are somewhat richer and more 3Dish.
Jed
-
I have now make ten prints ( up late last night and early this morning) and my opinion still is the same. I feel the prints are somewhat richer and more 3Dish.
Jed
I'm tending to agree... I don't know if it is the printer, or their profiles. Either way, it looks like they do have something that's working.