Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on October 16, 2015, 12:46:42 am

Title: October 15
Post by: BobDavid on October 16, 2015, 12:46:42 am
it is what it is
Title: Re: October 15
Post by: drmike on October 16, 2015, 02:23:11 am
It is and is both delicate and delightful. The problem I perceive with this type of very abstracted shot is how you differentiate yours from all the others. No really a criticism just a thought.
Title: Re: October 15
Post by: francois on October 16, 2015, 04:21:35 am
Quote
…it is what it is…

And it is beautiful!
Bravo
Title: Re: October 15
Post by: Bob_B on October 16, 2015, 09:01:10 am
+1. So peaceful, and those pastels are really impressive.
Title: Re: October 15
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 16, 2015, 09:44:46 am
And it is beautiful!
Bravo
+1.
Title: Re: October 15
Post by: BobDavid on October 16, 2015, 10:43:46 am
It is and is both delicate and delightful. The problem I perceive with this type of very abstracted shot is how you differentiate yours from all the others. No really a criticism just a thought.

I love to make pictures--the process, the tools, the solitude. Photography enables me to expand/develop/cultivate ways of seeing and thinking. Whether or not my work is perceived as abstract, derivative, or banal doesn't change what grabs my attention or holds my interest. It's enjoyable to hear positive feedback, and it's helpful to hear constructive criticism. More than anything, I am thankful photography has been a major part of my life since the early 1970s--both as a hobby, a profession, and a vehicle for discovery.
Title: Re: October 15
Post by: John R on October 16, 2015, 10:59:09 am
Quietude and colour that slowly permeates the consciousness. Very nice.

JR
Title: Re: October 15
Post by: Dmullins on October 16, 2015, 01:32:50 pm
I really like the subtle blending of the purple and blue hues in the sky.
Title: Re: October 15
Post by: Bruce Cox on October 16, 2015, 03:07:03 pm
Oct-15-B provides much more shelter than most others.
Title: Re: October 15
Post by: Arlen on October 17, 2015, 01:13:23 pm
Simple, soft, elegant, and evocative. I like it a lot.
Title: Re: October 15
Post by: Mjollnir on October 17, 2015, 01:56:05 pm
Shades of Bruce Percy, but darker.

Nice.
Title: Re: October 15
Post by: BobDavid on October 17, 2015, 10:18:54 pm
Shades of Bruce Percy, but darker.

Nice.

I like Percy's work quite a lot. My favorites are his Harris and Iceland series.
Title: Re: October 15
Post by: luxborealis on October 18, 2015, 08:16:18 am
It's all been said and I agree with the accolades, it is beautiful. To my eyes, though, it would be even more beautiful with the sky even more accentuated by cropping off about ⅕ from the bottom - the seemingly lifeless-coloured water that draws my eye as it searches for a reason for keeping it in other than the 3:2 format of the frame.