Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: David Anderson on October 15, 2015, 03:27:44 pm
-
Hello photographers,
Not sure how many of you are interested in fly fishing, but -
I have a new fly fishing blog that's centred around small water and light rods.
Fly fishing like photography is a long time passion and Wordpress a new disruption. ;)
So far I have some product reviews, a photo essay and a feature that originally ran in Flylife magazine.
I hope to bring entertaining content and good photography.
Every new post is updated on the Facebook page - please like to get the updates - and let me know what you think there.
Twigwater.com on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/twigwater)
And the website is here -
Twigwater.com (http://www.twigwater.com)
Cheers!
-
Hi David, I had a quick peek and I'm now off to make some coffee so I can set in for a proper look see. I have always been very interested in the sport but just never quite seem to find the time to give it enough practice so I can cast without killing myself or a hapless bystander! :)
-
\ time to give it enough practice so I can cast without killing myself or a hapless bystander! :)
Yes, learning to cast is like learning the violin. Not so pleasant for those around you.. lol
Seriously, learning to fly fish takes a bit of commitment, but it's well worth the effort. 8)
-
I'll have to have a look when I have some proper time. I love to fly fish. I wouldn't fish with any other tackle. However, with a fly rod, I'd rather fish than eat. Finding time is getting to be a problem.
-
Finding time is getting to be a problem.
I get out a lot more than I used to because we've moved much closer to the high country.
A day trip trout fishing out of Sydney used to involve at least 6 hours of driving, but now over 3 would be going hard.
-
First post from a new member. I like the looks of what I've seen on your web page so far, David. The post about the new C&F box especially caught my eye. I have a stack of 'em but I haven't seen that model yet. In spite of the epic salmon fishing we have here in Alaska and the world class Kenai River rainbows just three hours south of me, I am usually content to sit in my float tube on ponds and lakes close to home and whip the water into a fine froth. My current rod of choice is a Temple Fork 10-ft 5-wt but I've been seriously eyeballing one of their 3-wt models for those times I fish smaller waters where there's little chance of hooking a 24-incher.
-
Cheers Brett, glad you like it.
I also like floating around the small lakes in my kick boat and a 10' #5 and have a review coming soon on the Outcast Commander.
A fine thing if ever there was.
-
Hi David. I took a look at your blog, and it's very nice. I'm an avid fly fisher, and spend quite a few days each year on the water here in Oregon and elsewhere in the American West. I fly fished in Tasmania for several days twenty-something years ago, and had a great time. When I wasn't looking out for tiger snakes, that is. I particularly enjoyed your article on Ogilvies Creek, and have marked it for future reference. I'm headed down to your part of the world sometime next year, so maybe I'll get a chance to follow in your footsteps there.
-
Cheers Arlen,
Let me know when you're coming down and I'll line you up some good water to explore. ;)
I'm ordering your book for the kids to give me for Christmas !