Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Mirrorless Cameras => Topic started by: Bill.D on October 15, 2015, 11:57:50 am
-
Think Tank Retrospective Lens Changer 2,
a small bag, perfect for carrying just a couple of lens and filters.
I've been looking for the 'perfect bag' for months, searching for a small bag to carry a couple of zoom lenses over one shoulder, while carrying my Sony a7ii on the other. This Think Tank bag solves the problem elegantly! It has two tubes, one is slightly larger, designed for up to a 70-200mm lens. Actually, both tubes are actually larger than they need to be for the Sony 16-35mm (or 24-70mm) and the 70-200mm lenses.
In addition, the bag is very well constructed, yet lightweight, and is inconspicuous, looking more like a messenger bag than a camera bag. Another welcome and novel feature is a simple way of activating/de-activating the Velcro closures. When 'off' the Velcro doesn't work and one can open the flap without resistance or noise.
This information is being shared for others out that have been on the same search: I have no affiliation whatsoever with the manufacturer, other than as a very satisfied customer.
-
Another approach is a waist bag and the LowePro Sideline Shooter has a very slender profile and an outer pocket for spare batteries and filters.
-
I carry a second lens in a Pearstone zipper-top pouch on my belt. I choose a size that will hold either lens I'm using with the hood on. Bear in mind that I'm shooting primes so the lenses are not as long as zooms would be.
-
Excellent, I wouldn't have thought of this bag
I use a TTank Turnstyle 20 sling for everyday carry. It holds my RX100-2 and a6000 so easily
I broke my shoulder just before labour day. I bought the Sony 24-240 after, because I was concerned about dropping stuff during lens changes
Dave
-
I love the Think Tank bags! I use the Retrospective 5 all the time. When I'm shooting events I use their only Skin Chimp Cage modular on their belt. I can fit an Olympus 40-150 and the 12-40 with camera in it and spare batteries and cards. It weighs nothing while I'm working!
I've also gone super light weight by attaching a strap to a one of their smaller modular pouches.
-
Another ThinkTank Retrospective & TurnStyle user here! Retrospective 7 for the smaller Fujifilm kit (perfect for 2 bodies 4 lenses, passports, diary, looks inconspicuous), Retrospective 30 for the Nikon D4/D800e kit, and TurnStyle 20 to carry lenses/spare body only on short gigs from the car.
-
I personally like the "Urban Disguise", it could be either a shoulder bag or backpack. You may consider.
-
I use the Hubba Hubba Hiney (I didn't make up the name 😉) for my m43 kit - camera with lens plus two other lenses. The Panasonic 35-100 fits with the hood reversed.
If I'm carrying my iPad, I use the Mirrorless Mover 30i. Same width, just taller for the tablet.
The Skin 50 can hold two (side by side) or three lenses (stacked) on my belt very nicely, if the camera will be on a strap or in my hand for the session.