Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Discussing Photographic Styles => Topic started by: Rob C on October 13, 2015, 03:44:52 pm

Title: Italian Advertising
Post by: Rob C on October 13, 2015, 03:44:52 pm
Like this? Love the dream of Rome!

Let it run; you get some more.

Rob C

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtBFMD8o_2o&feature=kp
Title: Re: Italian Advertising
Post by: jjj on October 13, 2015, 07:25:59 pm
You'd think with the amount of money they spent on that ad, that they would at least be able to afford to pay someone who knows how to upload a clip to YouTube so it doesn't look like a pixelated web video from 2002.  :o
Title: Re: Italian Advertising
Post by: Rob C on October 14, 2015, 05:02:46 am
But who knows from whence came the clip?

Looking through the several different ones that follow, I think that I actually prefer those that are not razor sharp... I dislike so much of what happens on magazine covers these days - the over crisp detail, the lack of actual skin in order to compensate for that inevitable crispness, and so on and so forth. Somewhere along the l¡ne the essence of femininity, gentleness, softness, is forgotten or betrayed to sharp harshness, stridency.

Perhaps one day we will look back and wonder what the hell we thought we were trying to do to women.

Rob C
Title: Re: Italian Advertising
Post by: Antonio Correia on October 14, 2015, 10:06:05 am
Like this? Love the dream of Rome! Let it run; you get some more. Rob C https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtBFMD8o_2o&feature=kp
Yes I do. Rhythm, movement, action, eroticism, latin feelings...  Very well done !
:)
Title: Re: Italian Advertising
Post by: jjj on October 14, 2015, 03:17:27 pm
But who knows from whence came the clip?
Actually the ad is from 5 or so years back and isn't uploaded by the makers hence the rubbish quality.

Quote
Looking through the several different ones that follow, I think that I actually prefer those that are not razor sharp...
It's not unsharp by the way, it's very badly compressed and blocky.