Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: stamper on October 13, 2015, 11:17:55 am

Title: Lost the Plot
Post by: stamper on October 13, 2015, 11:17:55 am
?
Title: Re: Lost the Plot
Post by: francois on October 13, 2015, 12:27:39 pm
Well seen! Catwalk training?
Title: Re: Lost the Plot
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 13, 2015, 12:39:12 pm
Excellent, and hilarious!
Title: Re: Lost the Plot
Post by: John R on October 13, 2015, 02:09:01 pm
Excellent and as note by Eric, very amusing. I was scrolling to see your whole image, I noticed that the image might be even more striking if cropped below the coat, leaving only the legs and floor. But it's great the way it is.

JR

Title: Re: Lost the Plot
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 13, 2015, 02:11:35 pm
Well seen! And good caption. And good comment, Eric.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Lost the Plot
Post by: Dmullins on October 13, 2015, 02:20:48 pm
I know I'm new on the forums, so my opinion may not matter much, but I tend to agree with John.  I like the shot, it has the ability to speak on many levels, not an easy thing to do in my experience. However, I think the bottom of the coat is distracting and doesn't add anything to the image.
Title: Re: Lost the Plot
Post by: Rob C on October 13, 2015, 03:14:35 pm
Nope I like the weight up top; adds to the unsettled bit of the feeling.

One big problem with it though: reminds me of those dreadful days of foxtrot, quickstep and so on, and how to learn 'em!

Thank goodness for 'independent' dance which saved you the embarrassment of tripping up your partner, which is why last dances were usually veeeery slow ones: preserved romance.

Great image.

Rob C
Title: Re: Lost the Plot
Post by: Arlen on October 13, 2015, 11:06:44 pm
Excellent and as note by Eric, very amusing. I was scrolling to see your whole image, I noticed that the image might be even more striking if cropped below the coat, leaving only the legs and floor. But it's great the way it is.


Nope I like the weight up top; adds to the unsettled bit of the feeling.


Split the difference, and crop just part of the coat?  ;)

Seriously though, it's very appealing either way.
Title: Re: Lost the Plot
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 13, 2015, 11:32:41 pm
I have to say I like the coat just the way it is.
Title: Re: Lost the Plot
Post by: stamper on October 14, 2015, 03:55:54 am
I feel the coat is an important part of the image. To me it looks like the person is trying to veer back on course and the swirl of the coat emphasis that. I have other images with legs and no other part of the body. The image was taken in a train station concourse. Thanks for the feedback.
Title: Re: Lost the Plot
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 15, 2015, 04:02:46 am
I feel the coat is an important part of the image. To me it looks like the person is trying to veer back on course and the swirl of the coat emphasis that.

I agree entirely. If I were going to crop anything, I'd remove a bit of the ground at the bottom so that the first set of footprints would be nearer the edge.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Lost the Plot
Post by: stamper on October 15, 2015, 04:16:39 am
An image that has a lot of possibilities with regards to framing or cropping?
Title: Re: Lost the Plot
Post by: petermfiore on October 15, 2015, 06:20:38 am
Stamper,

I love it...Don't touch it.

Peter
Title: Re: Lost the Plot
Post by: BobDavid on October 15, 2015, 08:53:31 am
... free will, deviant, or unable to pass a sobriety test?
Title: Re: Lost the Plot
Post by: stamper on October 15, 2015, 09:58:27 am
... free will, deviant, or unable to pass a sobriety test?

I think that describes me.....especially the last bit. ;)