Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: bhuddleston on October 12, 2015, 12:50:09 pm
-
Hoping/praying someone can help. So I came in to the office today and my 9900 will not turn on :(
No lights no movement. Only thing I can get is a click when i turn off/on the power button. So something in the machine is getting power apparently
I have tried different power outlets and no difference.
Any ideas? Since the screen does not come on I don't get any error codes.
Thanks
-
Is your 9900 under warranty or extended warranty? If there are no answers here, and I don't have an answer and I own a 9900, then you may have to call Epson and fork over some money to talk with an Epson tech person.
Gar
-
No warranty left. I have fixed everything else on this printer so far. It is possible it may be time to get a new one :(
-
You could call Epson just to get an idea. Even out of warranty on the pro models it doesn't cost to make a call to them.
-
A couple of things to consider,
1. You lost the main board, if so you might be able to order from Epson as a part, but not sure of the process of installation, and if the head has to be re-introduced to new main board via software?
2. There might be a fuse on the printer, that has blown, again the service manual might show this.
3. If you have electrical diagnosis equipment and ability to use it you could run a line check and see where the power issue is not working.
If you had a surge and were plugged in, more than likely it's the main board even if the printer was off.
Paul
-
Thanks all
Fuse is what im hoping for but board is what im thinking :( Off to take my machine apart once again.
I have already replaced the print head so hopefully this cant be as bad, right? lol
-
Fuse is what im hoping for but board is what im thinking
Just looking at a spare 7900 main board here and no fuse on it, but my partner (who has had many of these printers torn apart for repair) says there is a small ceramic fuse on the power supply board. We’ve had a couple of “dead” epsons which just needed that fuse replaced.
-
Great to know. Thanks Wayne. I am scheduling time to start demolition tomorrow morning :)
-
Fuse is fine :( tested power supply board and everything seems to be getting power
afraid it is the main board which from what i can find is going to cost about $1k :(
-
Mine doing same thing. Did you find the problem?
-
Going out on a limb here but did you pay your electric bill last month? ;D
-
I had the same problem, thanks to my own stupidity after replacing the pump and cap assembly on my 9900. I inadvertently unhooked the flimsy ribbon cable that connects to the control panel while replacing the side panel and when I plugged it back in (without my glasses), I bent one pin. That was enough to short out the main board.
From there on, the printer simply made a 'click' but was otherwise dead. I tested the fuse and so on, replaced the control panel and the ribbon cable, still no go. Finally, got Decision One to come in and replace the main board (I had a brand new one sitting around - long story).
Unfortunately, due to travel and other issues, the printer sat idle for six weeks before the main board was replaced and now everything works fine but there some fixed dead nozzles and I am afraid the head is clogged permanently.
So I am thinking, it is time to replace the printer. However, I will be happy to let somebody here have the spare parts which are practically new - the control panel and the main board at a good price.
PM me if you are interested.