Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: JRSmit on October 11, 2015, 09:39:47 am
-
I have a strange issue with Espon Stylus Pro 4900 in Cyan channel.
Appears to be a signal to the head problem. It started with a slight shift to the right on the nozzle check. Now it looks like a horizontal (in line with carriage movement) drop-out with some ragged edges.
The head itself is clean (no visible debris or similar), I also cleaned the contacts on the flatcable connecting to the head.
I am still thinking of a contact failure, but I am not sure, anyone recognizes this issue?
-
Anyone reckognizes this type of nozzle failure on any epso Stylus pro printer?
I am really in need of a clue.
-
This looks very similar to the problem VM channel had in my 9900. In my case only 2-4 rows on the top and 2 row at the bottom were printing. Head replacement fixed that, nothing else worked.
-
Unfortunately, I agree with the previous post -- it looks like a head failure to me.
-
Unfortunately, I agree with the previous post -- it looks like a head failure to me.
Hmmm not exact the feedback i hoped. Will check the flat cable contact one more time. If it is a head failure it does not makeep things worse. Damn.
-
I just gave up on my 4900 with the same issue in C channel; if those gaps are contiguous and constant, i.e., don't appear and disappear on multiple nozzle checks, I've been told that head failure is the likely cause.
Tom
-
That nozzle check shot looks like a clone of mine. The diagnosis was that the head is shot. So that is what my 4900 is going to get: a head shot tomorrow at dawn.