Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: DiaAzul on March 27, 2006, 06:32:47 pm

Title: 70-300DO IS
Post by: DiaAzul on March 27, 2006, 06:32:47 pm
I was about to step out and purchase a 70-300DO IS, however, there are none on the shelves (in the UK) and dealers are replying that they don't know when the next set of lenses will be delivered.

It doesn't surprise me that no-one knows what is happening, and this is not an 'oh my G** has Cannon stopped producing this lens' type post. Just trying to get some peoples opinions on how often Canon ramps up production and whether I might have to wait 4 weeks, 6 months, or 2 years for these to come back into stock.

If the timescales are likely to be long then I will stuff some money in a different direction.

Thanks

D
Title: 70-300DO IS
Post by: Mark D Segal on March 27, 2006, 06:57:35 pm
David,

You can buy it here:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller...egoryNavigation (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=319783&is=USA&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation)

it is in-stock and they ship world-wide. Ultra-reliable.

Mark