Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: GrahamBy on October 09, 2015, 07:18:37 am

Title: Attachments
Post by: GrahamBy on October 09, 2015, 07:18:37 am
Dumb question, but I don't seem to be able to find the answer: how do I attach an image to my post?

I can select the file with the "choose a file" button, but if I then preview, there is no image. I assume there is a second step to embed the attached image???
Maybe the answer could be added to the "New Forum Tips" locked thread...
Title: Re: Attachments
Post by: Telecaster on October 09, 2015, 04:06:41 pm
Attached pics don't show up when you preview but will be uploaded when you actually post.

-Dave-
Title: Re: Attachments
Post by: GrahamBy on October 14, 2015, 06:57:50 am
Ok, small attachments (frame of a comic) worked fine.

Attempting to attach a photo resulted in a blank screen after hitting "post", with no trace of text or photo remaining once the smoke cleared.
This is due to the size restrictions perfaps? I was easily inside the file-size restriction, but maybe not the pixel limit...

It would be nice to have an automatic re-size option if that is the case, to save having to do a 1-off re-size on any image I was to post.
Title: Re: Attachments
Post by: Kevin Raber on October 14, 2015, 08:38:30 am
Try again with new sizes and see what happens.  I'll talk over whether there is a way to do what you suggest.  We may limited by the forum software itself.
Title: Re: Attachments
Post by: NancyP on October 14, 2015, 11:43:19 am
The d'oh is contagious, I am having a hard time posting, with 1.6 and 1.8 MB files.
Title: Re: Attachments
Post by: GrahamBy on October 14, 2015, 04:09:10 pm
1.44MB with 4k x 6k pixels is a no-no...

Ok, same image resized to 1000 x 665, 366kB

Title: Re: Attachments
Post by: GrahamBy on October 14, 2015, 04:43:02 pm
Ok, and 1500x1000 works... let's kick it up a notch...
Title: Re: Attachments
Post by: NancyP on October 14, 2015, 04:58:18 pm
OK, will resize tonight, try again tomorrow.
Title: Re: Attachments
Post by: NancyP on October 15, 2015, 10:49:21 am
From "d'oh" to success! Thanks, all.