Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: chuckn on October 05, 2015, 04:02:44 pm

Title: Low Tide
Post by: chuckn on October 05, 2015, 04:02:44 pm
Low tide at the beach.

Chuck
Title: Re: Low Tide
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on October 05, 2015, 06:06:33 pm
Beautiful shot.

For some reason, though, it looks a little (very little) unbalanced to the left (that is, the left "weigths more" than the right).
But it could be just me.
Title: Re: Low Tide
Post by: MattBurt on October 05, 2015, 06:36:15 pm
I agree about the lack of balance in the composition. The foreground with the heavy black down one side and sand pattern on the other just doesn't do it for me. Looks like a beautiful scene and there are some nice elements in it but it just doesn't all tie together well like this.
Title: Re: Low Tide
Post by: chuckn on October 05, 2015, 11:46:25 pm
Thanks for the comments. I agree, the composition would be better balanced if the long thin seaweed in the foreground was out of the way. I liked the shapes but it felt a little off when I took it.

Chuck.
Title: Re: Low Tide
Post by: drmike on October 06, 2015, 11:41:33 am
Personally I'd suggest it's desperate for a square crop losing a tiny bit from the left and the rest from the right but then it risks having the pool of light water touch the right edge which would not be good at all. I think that the dark seaweed isn't the problem at all but that area of bright water is. A brave man might try and clone it away :) or at least subdue it a bit.

Mike