Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: mburke on October 05, 2015, 10:35:28 am

Title: Dehaze local adjustment
Post by: mburke on October 05, 2015, 10:35:28 am
I just watched a Juliane Kost video on the Dehaze filter used as a local adjustment in both the grad filter and the adj. brush. It said it was a current update to LR CC. Is this old news or bad news? It looks like a really nice tool to have. I couldn't tell what version of LRCC she was on or if it was a beta or what. According to the Updated I am current. I was wondering if this is coming soon.

Mike
Title: Re: Dehaze local adjustment
Post by: mac_paolo on October 05, 2015, 10:38:25 am
It's parte of the last 2015.2 update, released today.
Title: Re: Dehaze local adjustment
Post by: mburke on October 05, 2015, 10:55:46 am
Thank you. It is not showing up in the Adobe updater yet. I'll check again in a day or two.
Title: Re: Dehaze local adjustment
Post by: digitaldog on October 05, 2015, 10:57:51 am
Thank you. It is not showing up in the Adobe updater yet. I'll check again in a day or two.
Reboot or restart Creative Cloud, that can often 'force' an update.
Title: Re: Dehaze local adjustment
Post by: Paul2660 on October 05, 2015, 10:59:21 am
I am very glad to see that Adobe made this change.

Paul
Title: Re: Dehaze local adjustment
Post by: john beardsworth on October 05, 2015, 11:33:59 am
I just watched a Juliane Kost video on the Dehaze filter used as a local adjustment in both the grad filter and the adj. brush. It said it was a current update to LR CC. Is this old news or bad news? It looks like a really nice tool to have. I couldn't tell what version of LRCC she was on or if it was a beta or what. According to the Updated I am current. I was wondering if this is coming soon.

It's hot news, like in the last couple of hours. There's another big change in the Import dialog but most of the big changes have been over in Lightroom Mobile (it's gone freemium) and in Lightroom Web (editing tools in the browser). I've written up my notes here (http://lightroomsolutions.com/lightroom-6-2/).

John
Title: Re: Dehaze local adjustment
Post by: Rhossydd on October 05, 2015, 01:42:05 pm
There's another big change in the Import dialog ...... I've written up my notes here (http://lightroomsolutions.com/lightroom-6-2/).
Horrible and pointless the change is too.
The left hand menus, the important ones that control where you're importing the images to, what metadata you add and what preset you apply on import are now difficult to read and it's less clear what's happening.

I think this is the first backward step in Lightroom's otherwise excellent development.
Title: Re: Dehaze local adjustment
Post by: john beardsworth on October 05, 2015, 02:08:22 pm
Horrible and pointless the change is too.

I find it hard to see its virtue!
Title: Re: Dehaze local adjustment
Post by: adias on October 05, 2015, 04:48:39 pm
Horrible and pointless the change is too.
The left hand menus, the important ones that control where you're importing the images to, what metadata you add and what preset you apply on import are now difficult to read and it's less clear what's happening.

I think this is the first backward step in Lightroom's otherwise excellent development.

I tend to agree. The old one was a tool, this one tries to be pretty and hides the useful stuff.
Title: Re: Dehaze local adjustment
Post by: Jonathan Ratzlaff on October 06, 2015, 02:01:42 am
I second the change in the import dialog.  Whoever thought of that doesn't import images.  It is just plain stupid.  There should be an option to do a simple import.  Most of us have used this program long enough that we know how to import images by now. 
in my update the local adjustment for dehaze is where you would expect it, just under clarity.  That makes sense.  The clone and heal tool seem to be more intuitive than before as well.
Title: Re: Dehaze local adjustment
Post by: Rhossydd on October 06, 2015, 04:46:04 am
Most of us have used this program long enough that we know how to import images by now.
This change is apparently to ease the transition from Elements to Lightroom, (aka sucking people into the subscription model).
The irony might be that people want to move away from Elements to a more professional program because they like the 'Pro look and feature set'.
But those people moving up will still get the full interface as soon as they've imported the photos anyway!

If they really want to help people move up to Lightroom a really good video tutorial about the transition would be far more useful.
Title: Re: Dehaze local adjustment
Post by: IanSeward on October 06, 2015, 01:29:35 pm
The import UI now looks like it was designed for a tablet?

If they wanted to dumb it down for Elements users simplifying the existing UI should have been possible.

Removing the eject memory card does not seem like a good idea for less experienced new users.

Ian