Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: MattBurt on October 02, 2015, 12:51:05 am

Title: Top sunset tonight
Post by: MattBurt on October 02, 2015, 12:51:05 am
One of the best I think I have seen! It was gray just beforehand but I saw a gap I hoped would let some light through at the horizon. Then it just exploded. It rained a little too but nothing too serious. I hear there was a rainbow visible from town.
Hoping it would come together I hurried to this creek close to town. I'm glad I was able to slip away!
(https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5757/21689421448_feb7eb39bf_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/z3BXmd)IMGP3645-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/z3BXmd) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr

(https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5665/21865327102_7df0459e21_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/zjavYj)IMGP3656-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/zjavYj) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Top sunset tonight
Post by: thierrylegros396 on October 02, 2015, 03:16:08 am
Well framed.

At the beginning I had a preference for the first, but buth are enjoyable.

Thierry
Title: Re: Top sunset tonight
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 02, 2015, 03:59:43 am
Both very good in their own way.
Title: Re: Top sunset tonight
Post by: Tony Jay on October 02, 2015, 04:37:06 am
The images are not really directly comparable - given the differences in the scenes - but if I had to make a choice it would be the second image by a hair!

Well done Matt!

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Top sunset tonight
Post by: stamper on October 02, 2015, 05:33:35 am
Difficult to choose because both are fine images!
Title: Re: Top sunset tonight
Post by: MattBurt on October 03, 2015, 12:24:04 am
Thanks! It was impressive in person.

Fyi these two shots are taken within 5 minutes and 5 feet of each other facing the same direction. :)