Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: mvsoske on September 30, 2015, 10:02:57 pm
-
Sunrise from Mt. LeConte, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee.
-
Wonderful.
-
Yep. What paulo said
-
+1, "Oh, wow" was my first impression. Gorgeous in every aspect.
-
I always like how ridges seem to add depth to a scene and this one is fantastic. Personally, I would try to slightly reduce the saturation of the blue/magenta/purple hues, but i't probably just me ;)
Anyway, well done!
-
I always like how ridges seem to add depth to a scene and this one is fantastic. Personally, I would try to slightly reduce the saturation of the blue/magenta/purple hues, but i't probably just me ;)
Anyway, well done!
No, it's not just you: I agree. Damn fine shot as it is, though.
Jeremy
-
Thank you for the comments and critique everyone. Mt. LeConte has very rustic cabins on top that you hike and climb to and if reserved, can stay overnight. We stayed there and in the morning rose in the dark and trekked to the area in the photograph based on where my app - The Photographer's Ephemeris - said the sun would rise. There are six trails leading to the top and we were on the Alum Cave Trail - beautiful views.
Mark
-
Wow, this is really nice. That layering and warm sunrise. Very well done.
-
Great shot! I'm also a TPE fan.
-
Thanks Matt!
-
Astonishing shot! The fog patches between the individual ridges add a lot of character to this image.
-
Thank you Les.
Mark