Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: zobeleye on September 30, 2015, 01:27:50 pm

Title: LR 6.1.1 continues to crash
Post by: zobeleye on September 30, 2015, 01:27:50 pm
Hi there,
I am having about 10 crashes a day with all sorts of catalogs, big or small.
when I do something else in another application and go back to LR, I GET THE BALL AND HAVE TO FORCE QUIT.
NEVER HAD THIS ONE BEFORE
anybody having the same issue ?
cheers
Z
Title: Re: LR 6.1.1 continues to crash
Post by: SangRaal on September 30, 2015, 02:55:52 pm
A first step would be to sign out of CC and then sign back in again or you can first try just signing in to your adobe CC account. I have had similar issues every time I get a CC upgrade or certain OS up grades; your sign in activates the Creative Cloud apps.
Title: Re: LR 6.1.1 continues to crash
Post by: CatOne on September 30, 2015, 10:30:53 pm
Hi there,
I am having about 10 crashes a day with all sorts of catalogs, big or small.
when I do something else in another application and go back to LR, I GET THE BALL AND HAVE TO FORCE QUIT.
NEVER HAD THIS ONE BEFORE
anybody having the same issue ?
cheers
Z

No, despite many frustrations I have with Lightroom, stability is not one of them ;-)

Try turning off GPU acceleration, and seeing whether that helps?
Title: Re: LR 6.1.1 continues to crash
Post by: hjulenissen on October 01, 2015, 02:23:10 am
Hi there,
I am having about 10 crashes a day with all sorts of catalogs, big or small.
when I do something else in another application and go back to LR, I GET THE BALL AND HAVE TO FORCE QUIT.
NEVER HAD THIS ONE BEFORE
anybody having the same issue ?
cheers
Z
I have had something similar with every release of LR6 for Windows. When going from "Library" to "Develop", there is a significant probability that the entire application will freeze forever. Killing the application from task manager is the only solution.

GPU acceleration is off.

-h
Title: Re: LR 6.1.1 continues to crash
Post by: zobeleye on October 02, 2015, 04:07:54 am
I have now disabled GPU acceleration, so far so good...
thanks for your comments
Z