Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Vieri Bottazzini on September 29, 2015, 05:36:55 pm

Title: Victory or defeat? In Comacchio, Italy
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on September 29, 2015, 05:36:55 pm
In the Valli di Comacchio, Italy, the struggle between man and nature for the control of the land and water is evident at every corner, and the resulting landscape is very inspiring. Symbolised here are the two extreme results of this struggle: you can see both men's defeat, in the fallen hut, and victory, in the standing and still working one.

(https://vieribottazzini.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/6Z10336.jpg)

Pentax 645Z, Pentax 80-160 F/4.5. Thank you for watching! Best,

Vieri
Title: Re: Victory or defeat? In Comacchio, Italy
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on September 30, 2015, 04:00:15 am
Excellent testimony, beautiful photo.
Title: Re: Victory or defeat? In Comacchio, Italy
Post by: sdwilsonsct on September 30, 2015, 09:22:48 am
Excellent testimony, beautiful photo.
+1.
Title: Re: Victory or defeat? In Comacchio, Italy
Post by: Bob_B on September 30, 2015, 01:21:16 pm
+1 I've come back to view your photo at least 6 or 7 times, because I find more to savor each time. I enjoy everything about this image, and only wish I had taken it.
Title: Re: Victory or defeat? In Comacchio, Italy
Post by: Chairman Bill on September 30, 2015, 01:54:44 pm
I did wonder why I'd find in this thread. Comacchio has a particular relevance for Royal Marines - Cpl. Tom Hunter of 43 Commando RM was awarded a posthumous Victoria Cross for his actions at Lake Comacchio in April 1945. The title had me thinking of that. As it turns out, it was just a beautiful photograph instead  :)
Title: Re: Victory or defeat? In Comacchio, Italy
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on October 04, 2015, 03:41:35 pm
Excellent testimony, beautiful photo.

+1.

Thank you Paulo and Scott, I am glad you enjoyed it :)

+1 I've come back to view your photo at least 6 or 7 times, because I find more to savor each time. I enjoy everything about this image, and only wish I had taken it.

Thank you very much Bob, for your really nice words, IMHO the best comment I could imagine. I really appreciate it :)

I did wonder why I'd find in this thread. Comacchio has a particular relevance for Royal Marines - Cpl. Tom Hunter of 43 Commando RM was awarded a posthumous Victoria Cross for his actions at Lake Comacchio in April 1945. The title had me thinking of that. As it turns out, it was just a beautiful photograph instead  :)

Hello Bill,

Your message got me interested and I researched Capt. Hunter's act of bravery, about which I must confess I knew nothing previous to your post. It is always amazing to me how much we don't know, and I thank you for pointing this out to me - one more step in the never ending, infinite road to knowledge. Thanks! :)
Title: Re: Victory or defeat? In Comacchio, Italy
Post by: MattBurt on October 05, 2015, 11:52:34 am
Lovely shot. Well composed, well exposed, and with a story. Nice!
Title: Re: Victory or defeat? In Comacchio, Italy
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on October 06, 2015, 03:17:37 pm
Lovely shot. Well composed, well exposed, and with a story. Nice!

Thank you very much Matt, I am glad you enjoyed it! Best,

Vieri