Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Bob_B on September 28, 2015, 08:13:05 pm
-
A couple of meadow flowers I found while wandering around the Gunpowder River in upper Baltimore County (Maryland, USA). I love the orange ones that look a bit like slippers. (If you know their common or species names, please reply.) C&C welcomed. Best, Bob
-
Nice set ! First wildflower is Jewelweed, they have nice smell to them, we have them through out our woods up here on
in southern, Ontario, Canada, the second wildflower I think is called Heal-all but have not seen them here.
Dwayne Oakes
-
Interesting fact about Orange Jewelweed (Impatiens capensis), also known as "Spotted Touch-Me-not":
"The seed pods are pendant and have projectile seeds that explode out of the pods when they are lightly touched, if ripe, which is where the name 'touch-me-not' comes from." (Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impatiens_capensis))
-
Interesting fact about Orange Jewelweed (Impatiens capensis), also known as "Spotted Touch-Me-not":
"The seed pods are pendant and have projectile seeds that explode out of the pods when they are lightly touched, if ripe, which is where the name 'touch-me-not' comes from." (Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impatiens_capensis))
Thanks Dwayne, syncrasy. It's great to put names to these plants. I'll have to return later in the fall to see if I can get the seed pods to explode. That would be neat to capture. - Bob