Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: petermfiore on September 28, 2015, 11:27:56 am

Title: Autumn trees
Post by: petermfiore on September 28, 2015, 11:27:56 am
Autumn Trees...
Title: Re: Autumn trees
Post by: RSL on September 28, 2015, 11:59:35 am
Interesting, Peter. Looking at the falloff in sharpness I guessed you were shooting up close with a very wide-angle lens, but then I checked and saw it was a 35mm wide open. Here's one from a couple years ago with a 16mm at f/4, up close. But it doesn't have the moodiness of yours.
Title: Re: Autumn trees
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on September 28, 2015, 12:00:53 pm
Quite interesting look.
I prefer the second one because, IMHO, it's the one that fits better the look.
Title: Re: Autumn trees
Post by: Chairman Bill on September 28, 2015, 12:01:47 pm
The fall-off in sharpness bugs me. Other than that, I really like numbers two & three
Title: Re: Autumn trees
Post by: petermfiore on October 02, 2015, 07:06:09 am
Interesting, Peter. Looking at the falloff in sharpness I guessed you were shooting up close with a very wide-angle lens, but then I checked and saw it was a 35mm wide open. Here's one from a couple years ago with a 16mm at f/4, up close. But it doesn't have the moodiness of yours.

Hi Russ,
Moodiness is good, that's what I was after...I used a 35mm cctv lens. It gives quite a fall off in focus. Playing with a variety of ways of making images.

Peter
Title: Re: Autumn trees
Post by: chuckn on October 05, 2015, 04:20:32 pm
Peter, I like these very much. #2 is my favorite, although all are nice. Looks like they were taken with a pinhole camera. Reminds me of Paul Strands work.

Chuck