Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Bob_B on September 27, 2015, 02:43:02 pm

Title: Rain in the forecast
Post by: Bob_B on September 27, 2015, 02:43:02 pm
We had some beautiful clouds last evening as a storm front moved into the area. I took the opportunity to travel to a field that I photograph frequently, in the hopes that the clouds would add drama to the sunset. Here is one of the photographs from that trip. Please feel free to C&C, and as always thank you for viewing.

Bob
Title: Re: Rain in the forecast
Post by: thierrylegros396 on September 27, 2015, 03:53:50 pm
We had some beautiful clouds last evening as a storm front moved into the area. I took the opportunity to travel to a field that I photograph frequently, in the hopes that the clouds add drama to the sunset. Here is one of the photographs from that trip. Please feel free to C&C, and as always thank you for viewing.

Bob

Well done.

Thierry
Title: Re: Rain in the forecast
Post by: John McDermott on September 27, 2015, 08:21:00 pm
I would suggest straightening the horizon. It is tilted to the left now.
Title: Re: Rain in the forecast
Post by: DwayneOakes on September 27, 2015, 09:57:25 pm
Great sky

Dwayne Oakes
Title: Re: Rain in the forecast
Post by: Bob_B on September 27, 2015, 10:19:02 pm
I would suggest straightening the horizon. It is tilted to the left now.

John: The field slopes towards the left (south), giving the illusion of a misaligned horizon.
Title: Re: Rain in the forecast
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on September 28, 2015, 03:45:35 am
Nice sky. the rest of the image is also interesting, with the fields and the cart.
Title: Re: Rain in the forecast
Post by: sdwilsonsct on September 28, 2015, 09:38:19 am
John: The field slopes towards the left (south), giving the illusion of a misaligned horizon.

Must be the digital age: we expect flat and straight lines even where they do not exist. 

I like this. I might make the sky a bit less crunchy because even dramatic clouds tend to have softer edges than a wagon.
Title: Re: Rain in the forecast
Post by: Bob_B on September 29, 2015, 01:00:41 pm
Thanks for the tip on the clouds Scott.