Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on September 27, 2015, 05:24:46 am

Title: Fall Colour in Iceland
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on September 27, 2015, 05:24:46 am
Seen yesterday (http://blog.parrikar.com/2015/09/27/autumn-in-iceland/) in the Mývatn area.

Title: Re: Fall Colour in Iceland
Post by: thierrylegros396 on September 27, 2015, 07:05:34 am
Hi Rajan,

I like it, but I would slightly tame that almost white sky.

Light grey with more clouds structure will work well I think.

Have a Nice W-E.

Thierry
Title: Re: Fall Colour in Iceland
Post by: DwayneOakes on September 27, 2015, 08:26:57 am
I am thinking no truck or sky just a tapestry of nature's colors but that is just me.

Dwayne Oakes
Title: Re: Fall Colour in Iceland
Post by: pegelli on September 27, 2015, 10:48:28 am
Let me be contrarian, I like it exactly as it is. The sky is not too light for me and the truck provides scale and depth. Great work!
Title: Re: Fall Colour in Iceland
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on September 27, 2015, 04:45:04 pm
Thank you, gentlemen.

Thierry and Dwayne - this was a quick filing "from the field." It is one of the several compositions I made, and most of them did not include the sky at all.
Title: Re: Fall Colour in Iceland
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on September 28, 2015, 03:49:14 am
I like it as it is. It talks to me about "adventure" and "nature".
Title: Re: Fall Colour in Iceland
Post by: Larry Heath on September 28, 2015, 08:41:58 am
If there were more sky in the frame, then I’d say do something with the sky. As is, the sky is a minor player in the shot, and serves only to highlight and contrast the foreground elements. Pretty nice as is in my way of thinking/seeing.
Title: Re: Fall Colour in Iceland
Post by: francois on September 29, 2015, 04:00:33 am
I agree with the "don't fix the sky" idea… The 4x4 and the sky don't seem to attract my eyes, they stay on the vibrant colors of the vegetation.