Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: petermfiore on September 25, 2015, 06:35:03 pm

Title: CitiBike
Post by: petermfiore on September 25, 2015, 06:35:03 pm
CitiBike...

Peter
Title: Re: CitiBike
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 25, 2015, 08:53:06 pm
Fascinating image. Everything seems to be moving, except the spokes!
Title: Re: CitiBike
Post by: Rob C on September 26, 2015, 03:55:21 am
Interesting indeed! It's also one of those images that looks better larger than small; I think that's because the motion opens more and more avenues of investigation. As Eric mentions with the spokes - you wonder why, and try to figure out the relative maths of which parts are moving more rapidly than the whole - and is it about the whole subject moving or is it more a product of the camera doing the twist?

I also like the colour - please don't anyone tell me that there isn't any, that it's my monitor!

Again, an image that deals with subject and not how wonderful the camera used, whether the lens an apo. an aspheric or not...

Isn't it nice when photography moves beyond concerns about the hardware?

Rob C
Title: Re: CitiBike
Post by: petermfiore on September 26, 2015, 07:06:43 am
Thanks Eric and Rob,

There is a slight warm quad tone that I use that get the images closer to the papers I used years ago. So Rob your monitor is fine. I have a question. I have never been able to figure out how to have an image post larger without having to click on it.
How do you do that?

Peter
Title: Re: CitiBike
Post by: Rob C on September 26, 2015, 07:23:44 am
Thanks Eric and Rob,

There is a slight warm quad tone that I use that get the images closer to the papers I used years ago. So Rob your monitor is fine. I have a question. I have never been able to figure out how to have an image post larger without having to click on it.
How do you do that?

Peter

Hi Peter,

I just redirect mine from my website, and that way, it comes as is on the site. I got this tip from Keith Laban, who showed a patience with me, regarding websites, that went beyond the calls of duty! I think an advantage of this is that, as the website images are sized to suit the actual seen image, you get a chance to make them reasonably okay. As you know, some work better at different scales, so you can avoid howlers. I hope!

Rob
Title: Re: CitiBike
Post by: petermfiore on September 26, 2015, 07:37:12 am
Hi Peter,

I just redirect mine from my website, and that way, it comes as is on the site. I got this tip from Keith Laban, who showed a patience with me, regarding websites, that went beyond the calls of duty! I think an advantage of this is that, as the website images are sized to suit the actual seen image, you get a chance to make them reasonably okay. As you know, some work better at different scales, so you can avoid howlers. I hope!

Rob

Hi Rob,
Thanks for the tip...will that a try at some point.
Peter
Title: Re: CitiBike
Post by: RSL on September 26, 2015, 11:27:07 am
It certainly captures motion, Peter, though I think it also captures confusion. I'm on the fence with respect to this one.
Title: Re: CitiBike
Post by: petermfiore on September 26, 2015, 12:16:58 pm
It certainly captures motion, Peter, though I think it also captures confusion. I'm on the fence with respect to this one.
[/quote

Hi Russ,

Nothing ambiguous about that. Lol

Peter
Title: Re: CitiBike
Post by: Rob C on September 26, 2015, 05:12:15 pm
It certainly captures motion, Peter, though I think it also captures confusion. I'm on the fence with respect to this one.
[/quote

Hi Russ,

Nothing ambiguous about that. Lol

Peter


That, Peter, depends on how you are sitting upon the fence!

Rob C
Title: Re: CitiBike
Post by: petermfiore on September 26, 2015, 05:53:43 pm

That, Peter, depends on how you are sitting upon the fence!

Rob C

Always...I firmly stand on my side.

Peter