Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Glenn Bartley on September 23, 2015, 01:28:40 pm

Title: Lemon-throated Barbet (Peru)
Post by: Glenn Bartley on September 23, 2015, 01:28:40 pm
My favourite image from my recent workshop in Peru was this stunning species.

Camera Model: Canon EOS 7D Mark II
Shutter speed: 1/80 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Exposure compensation: -1/3
ISO: 640
Lens: EF600mm f/4L IS II USM +1.4x III

(http://glennbartley.com/To%20Post/Lemon-throated%20Barbet%20-%2001.jpg)
Title: Re: Lemon-throated Barbet (Peru)
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 23, 2015, 01:36:20 pm
I imagine your instructions to the model: "Show me your best profile, and tilt your head to match that nice leaf over there."

Another winner, Glenn!
Title: Re: Lemon-throated Barbet (Peru)
Post by: polaris-14 on September 23, 2015, 02:09:31 pm
Awesome photo, Glenn. This is really beautiful. I particularly enjoy the color gradation of the bird.
Title: Re: Lemon-throated Barbet (Peru)
Post by: the_marshall_101 on September 23, 2015, 03:07:55 pm
No clue about wildlife photography or indeed birds, but that bird is very pretty! Love the colours.
Title: Re: Lemon-throated Barbet (Peru)
Post by: Rory on September 23, 2015, 03:37:54 pm
That's a beauty Glenn, especially considering the amount of light you had to work with.
Title: Re: Lemon-throated Barbet (Peru)
Post by: Bob_B on September 23, 2015, 04:44:10 pm
I imagine your instructions to the model: "Show me your best profile, and tilt your head to match that nice leaf over there."

and squinch :)

Glenn: Fantastic, beautiful photo.
Title: Re: Lemon-throated Barbet (Peru)
Post by: Tony Jay on September 23, 2015, 04:59:24 pm
Absolutely gorgeous Glenn.
Congratulations!

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Lemon-throated Barbet (Peru)
Post by: tom b on September 23, 2015, 07:14:29 pm
Another great photograph. I am jealous… I've walked in a lot of Australia's national parks, we have some beautiful parrots and finches. I've never managed to capture them. Come down and show me them online.

Cheers,
Title: Re: Lemon-throated Barbet (Peru)
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on September 24, 2015, 03:50:45 am
Nice to see you back here posting amazing shots.
Title: Re: Lemon-throated Barbet (Peru)
Post by: PeterAit on September 24, 2015, 09:51:21 am
Yet another marvelous bird photo! I was not surprised to see some photos credited to you in the Audubon bird app I have on my phone.
Title: Re: Lemon-throated Barbet (Peru)
Post by: Glenn Bartley on September 25, 2015, 01:40:16 pm
Thanks guys!
Title: Re: Lemon-throated Barbet (Peru)
Post by: Richard Pearlman on September 25, 2015, 03:52:02 pm
Well composed and technically perfect.
Title: Re: Lemon-throated Barbet (Peru)
Post by: DwayneOakes on September 25, 2015, 10:03:27 pm
Wow that is awesome !

Dwayne Oakes