Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Black & White => Topic started by: David Sampson on September 23, 2015, 12:56:08 pm

Title: help epson R2880 problem
Post by: David Sampson on September 23, 2015, 12:56:08 pm
Hi All
Have spent a whole day on the phone with epson and am getting v frustrated, they have been very helpful but can't resolve the issue.
I am on apple OS 10.10.5 printing out of Lr6  and using the advanced B&W printing setting which I have found for a longtime to be the most accurate way of getting consistently good B&W prints. I was doing a series of A3+ prints will my usual setting for an exhibition and the first print was perfect but then the printer asked me to change the Light Black cartridge and ever since then I con only get prints with a light blue/green tinge to them. I have reinstalled the driver, cleaned the jets, done a perfect nozzle check print, reset permissions done everything epson has asked me to, I have even changed the cartridge in case it was faulty but all to no avail. All I have done is consumed a load of ink and about 20 sheets of 6X$ paper. Any ideas

1st image is before problem 2nd is after
Title: Re: help epson R2880 problem
Post by: Jager on September 23, 2015, 08:08:49 pm
In the ABW dialog you haven't inadvertently ticked toning, have you?
Title: Re: help epson R2880 problem
Post by: David Sampson on September 24, 2015, 03:29:47 am
No all I did was to change ink cartridge and hit the print button again
Title: Re: help epson R2880 problem
Post by: Alan Goldhammer on September 24, 2015, 01:43:01 pm
This looks like a case of inadvertent tinting.  I would double check the ABW print driver settings to make sure that there is not something that got changed.  This stuff does happen. 
Title: Re: help epson R2880 problem
Post by: Roberto Frieri on September 28, 2015, 03:04:15 pm
Metameric failure (http://www.johnpaulcaponigro.com/blog/234/metamerism-metameric-failure/)