Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: tom b on September 22, 2015, 04:16:39 pm
-
I've been having a "staycation" in Sydney. I've been eating out and cooking at home and posting my images on Facebook.
I applaud you "food photographers" out there. I've eaten some very good meals and cooked some tasty ones too. Getting a great food image is another matter. Yummy food vs yummy images.
Cheers,
-
I've been having a "staycation" in Sydney. I've been eating out and cooking at home and posting my images on Facebook.
I applaud you "food photographers" out there. I've eaten some very good meals and cooked some tasty ones too. Getting a great food image is another matter. Yummy food vs yummy images.
Cheers,
Eat in the wrong place and you get funny tummy instead.
Rob C
-
I've eaten in India and around there, I had some great food but it did take me around three months to get over it.
Great food and great food photography. What is not to like!
Cheers,
-
I've been having a "staycation" in Sydney. I've been eating out and cooking at home and posting my images on Facebook.
I applaud you "food photographers" out there. I've eaten some very good meals and cooked some tasty ones too. Getting a great food image is another matter. Yummy food vs yummy images.
Cheers,
I agree, we are all spoiled by the beautiful "food porn" that we see in cooking magazines, etc. It's an interesting commentary on what visual animals we are. We might crave a dish after seeing a photo of it, but no one is interested in the taste of a painting!
-
I've been having a "staycation" in Sydney. I've been eating out and cooking at home and posting my images on Facebook.
I applaud you "food photographers" out there. I've eaten some very good meals and cooked some tasty ones too. Getting a great food image is another matter. Yummy food vs yummy images.
Cheers,
You are right, food is far more tricky than it looks, I've tried and walked away from it. I've also come across one or two pro sites where the photography is very competent indeed, until they try the subject and TBH they should perhaps practice a little more before trying to impress with their attempts.
-
I remembered why I made this post. I bought some whiting fillets at the Sydney Fish Market, so I though I would make fish and chips.
I cooked double fried chips and I used my grill pan to fry the fillets. I also had a nice little salad with a balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing. It tasted great.
When I went to photograph the meal before I ate it, it looked like a "hot mess". Such is life.
Cheers,
-
Kids, animals and food.