Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: deliberate1 on September 18, 2015, 12:55:36 pm
-
Friends,
I have a Rollei 6008i kit with the extraordinary Scheneider 90mm and two other Rollei lenses. While I have truly enjoyed this camera, the whole process of shooting, developing, scanning is getting a bit old - as are the batteries and limitations of cold weather/inclement use.
The camera is just a box - albeit a very nice one. It is the glass that I would have a hard time giving up. So I have been exploring MF digital options. As an amateur enthusiast, I can "justify" spending only so much. And the Pentax 645Z is within my budget and expectations.
So my question is whether there is an adapter that would permit me to use the Rollei glass on this body. I did see a Pentax K to Rollei MF device (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1150828-REG/fotodiox_r_6000_pk_p_pro_lens_mount_adapter.html) but was not sure if this is the mount for the 645z.
Would also appreciate user reports from those of you who shoot this body with non-Pentax glass.What are your favorites?
David
-
It may be limited to a dumb adapter, but given the distance it should be fine.
from http://www.markerink.org/WJM/HTML/mounts.htm
Mount Mount type Register (aka flange distance) in mm
Pentax 645 bayonet 70.87
Rollei 6008 75.32
Rollei 6008
shutter-adapter M39x0.75 31.68
Rollei 6008 bellows +67.00 (minimum extension; add both bellows and shutter-adapter and you get 174.00mm minimum)
-
The Pentax K mount is for the 24x36mm SLR and APS-c DSLR range.
Using Rollei 6008 lenses on the Pentax 645Z would be great - I would be tempted to buy the Pentax! As far as I know there is no such adapter, alas.
-
Add my name to the signup list for an adapter for the lovely Rollei-mount lenses to....
There is a Rollei to Canon "dumb adapter", where you set the aperture on the adapter. See:
http://rolleiflex.us/blogs/news-tech-tips-updates/10243897-adapter-to-fit-rollei-mf-lenses-to-your-dslr
-
I am still hoping that Leica will come out with an adapter to the Leica S... it has been 2 years now since the acquisition of Sinar...
-
The Pentax K mount is for the 24x36mm SLR and APS-c DSLR range.
Using Rollei 6008 lenses on the Pentax 645Z would be great - I would be tempted to buy the Pentax! As far as I know there is no such adapter, alas.
OP here. thanks for the bad news ;)
-
I've seen quite a lot of the Rolleiflex lenses irreversibly modified to work with the Pentax 645D and 645Z as well as to the Hasselblad cameras. Usually this means the shutter has been gutted and a mechanical linkage for the aperture has been added. It's a testament to the quality of the Rolleiflex lenses but at the same time it always feels a bit weird to me. I'm not sure who is doing the mod's but the ones I've seen were well done.