Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: PeterAit on September 17, 2015, 08:58:57 am

Title: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: PeterAit on September 17, 2015, 08:58:57 am
"Fixed" as in made worse. In a thread, all posts except the most recent have only a Quote button, no Reply, Notify, etc. Can we go back to the old arrangement?
Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: michael on September 17, 2015, 09:40:11 am
It's being worked on today.

Michael
Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: kal on September 17, 2015, 03:37:49 pm
Also, when you are not logged in, the welcome message is "Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register." Some variable substitution gone awry?
Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: Kevin Raber on September 17, 2015, 04:39:03 pm
Quick Update  . . . Many things dressed and fixed today.  Still a few to work on.  Should have everything addressed early next week at the latest.
Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: digitaldog on September 17, 2015, 05:49:43 pm
Not sure it's on the list, but the Preview functionality is very broken under Safari, that wasn't the case in the past. On Safari, if you click on the Preview Button, you see a tiny, single line of text of what you wrote. Prior to the updates, the entire text would be shown, no scrolling.
Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: digitaldog on September 20, 2015, 12:07:52 pm
Another bug I believe. I have personal messages set for Notify by email every time you receive a personal message: yet I no longer get those emails.
Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: tom b on September 21, 2015, 12:06:01 am
I'm having trouble adding a hyperlink. I'm not too sure if it's my new computer or changes to LuLa.

Cheers,
Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: dreed on September 21, 2015, 02:55:19 am
I don't know about "fixed", when I logged in it greeted me as "%1$s" or some such.
Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on September 21, 2015, 03:06:33 am
I'm having trouble adding a hyperlink. I'm not too sure if it's my new computer or changes to LuLa.

Hi Tom,

It's the changes to LuLa. Currently, as of this writing, the forum software offers no option to embed a URL automatically, so it can only be done manually (which is a drag, and should be fixed).

Clicking the "Insert Hyperlink" by itself, currently, does not provide a dialog but it just adds the 'url' open and close tags. If a text was selected first, then the tags enclose that text.

One currently needs to edit that opening 'url' tag by adding "=yourhyperlink" (without the quotes ) after the "[url" bit and before the "]", so between the square open tag brackets. The content between the URL tags can be anything, a hyperlink, text, an image link, etc. .

It should be fixed IMHO, like it was before (or better), by at least offering a dialog (e.g. as attached) where the user can enter/paste a URL.

Cheers,
Bart

P.S. Unfortunately we seem to have also lost the ability to use colors for text. I tend to use a blue color on my hyperlink text to make it stand out in the midst of regular text in a line. It's a bit more work but much easier to read. Also hyperlink text underlining seems to be gone/missing.
Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: tom b on September 21, 2015, 06:27:01 am
Hi Tom,

It's the changes to LuLa. Currently, as of this writing, the forum software offers no option to embed a URL automatically, so it can only be done manually (which is a drag, and should be fixed). the URL tags can be anything, a hyperlink, text, an image link, etc.

Cheers,
Bart

Thanks, updating a computer usually takes about a month to sort out the bugs and changes. I'm getting closer to being happy.

Cheers,
Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: digitaldog on September 24, 2015, 02:47:50 pm
Another bug on this end. While I can ask for a word to be underlined, ([ u ][ /u ]), it isn't applied after posting.
Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 24, 2015, 05:56:25 pm
Another bug on this end. While I can ask for a word to be underlined, ([ u ][ /u ]), it isn't applied after posting.
I have to test that one. This word is UNDERLINED.

And if that doesn't work, I'll try

This.


Which will probably send a line all the way across instead of under just one word.

Do Bold, Italic, or Strikethrough work?


Interestingly, neither the underline nor the horizontal rule appeared in the Preview, but the Bold, Italic, and Strikethrough do.


Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: Kevin Raber on September 24, 2015, 08:09:51 pm
It's on our list.  Most issues have been addressed.  We'll get the underline working again. 
Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on September 25, 2015, 03:09:56 am
It's on our list.  Most issues have been addressed.  We'll get the underline working again.

Hi Kevin,

Good to hear. I'd also appreciate it if color text would also be re-enabled. It's not really a feature that is abused much and probably very easy to switch back on again, and it is very useful for making [COLOR="Blue"]hyperlink text[/COLOR] (http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=103936.msg855394#msg855394)[/url]  standing out in a block of text. Readability is also part of clearly conveying a message or explanation with external references.

Cheers,
Bart
Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 25, 2015, 12:30:25 pm
Hi Kevin,

Good to hear. I'd also appreciate it if color text would also be re-enabled. It's not really a feature that is abused much and probably very easy to switch back on again, and it is very useful for making [COLOR="Blue"]hyperlink text[/COLOR] (http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=103936.msg855394#msg855394)[/url]  standing out in a block of text. Readability is also part of clearly conveying a message or explanation with external references.

Cheers,
Bart
+1 on that.
Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: tom b on October 02, 2015, 09:16:27 pm
I'm having trouble adding a hyperlink. I'm not too sure if it's my new computer or changes to LuLa.

Cheers,

Is this going to be fixed, or is it permanent feature?

Cheers,
Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: Kevin Raber on October 02, 2015, 10:53:21 pm
I am away but before I left the team said they were working on this.  I'll check next week and see where things stand and in a week or so I'll do an update on the forum status.
Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: Wayne Fox on October 03, 2015, 12:18:25 pm
seems preview still doesn't work, get one line in a box that can't be resized.  pretty useless.
Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: digitaldog on October 03, 2015, 12:20:23 pm
Notifications are a bit wonky (iffy) on this end.
Preview functionality prior to Post is still not working. Only showing one line then scrolling is necessary to see any additional text in the preview.
Underline? Previews, doesn't update after Post.
Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: Kevin Raber on October 03, 2015, 03:44:31 pm
Ok. Thanks. We will look into these.
Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: Rhossydd on October 05, 2015, 02:04:24 pm
"Fixed" as in made worse.
Yup. The nice little distinctive favicon has changed to a dull monochrome one that looks like it's been stolen from a Pink Floyd fan site :-(
Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: David Sutton on October 05, 2015, 04:38:13 pm
The login button between Search and Register upper left is still there, but while the one on the upper right still works it's now an unlabelled light grey square.
Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: Kevin Raber on October 05, 2015, 06:56:55 pm
Just so you know we didn't change many of the issues that are being commented on.  When we upgraded the forum software these old stuff changed just as many things do when you upgrade software.  We had to do the upgrade for security and a number of other reasons.  Our guys have been addressing the comments as quickly as they can.  The Favicon has now been fixed.  Some things are easy to customize and fix, others are not.  All comments have been noted though and if possible will be addressed.

Thanks for being patient.
Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: David Sutton on October 08, 2015, 08:54:32 pm
The login button between Search and Register upper left is still there, but while the one on the upper right still works it's now an unlabelled light grey square.
It's back. Cool.
Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: tom b on October 13, 2015, 10:24:32 pm
Hyperlinks are still not working.

Cheers,
Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: Kevin Raber on October 13, 2015, 10:44:22 pm
Please send me a PM about what you are experiencing.  I tried Hyperlinks out and they work.  Want to make sure I understand your issue and I'll have someone look at it.  Let me know your browser and OS too.  Thanks.
Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on October 14, 2015, 04:23:48 am
Please send me a PM about what you are experiencing.  I tried Hyperlinks out and they work.  Want to make sure I understand your issue and I'll have someone look at it.  Let me know your browser and OS too.  Thanks.

Hi Kevin,

Inserting hyperlinks works for me, although one final improvement would be worthwhile.

When I want to create a hyperlink, e.g. to explain part of a sentence or add a reference to it, I usually/preferably do the following:
1. Look up the website URL and copy it to my Windows clipboard (CTRL+C) memory.
2. Select the text in my message that I want to add the hyperlink to.
3. Click the 'Insert Hyperlink' icon.
4. I expect that the hyperlink on the clipboard is automatically pasted in the dialog, or I paste it there myself.
5. The second dialog box should preferably fill in the text that was selected in step 2, or be empty for me to type text in if no text was selected in step 2.
6. Finish the creation, and if the step 5 box was still empty, fill in the URL from step 4.

Cheers,
Bart
Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: digitaldog on October 20, 2015, 10:35:33 am
Email notifications are still hit or miss on this end. I'll get one, then see other replies after or not see one until I look at a post I know I've subscribed to. Anyone else?
Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: Arlen on October 20, 2015, 11:58:06 pm
All of my notifications seem to be coming through OK for the last few days.
Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: Kevin Raber on October 21, 2015, 06:48:00 am
As far as we know everything is working and notifications are working at least on our machines.  We addressed everything we could on the forum software.  As I have said before if you find something PM me and let me know what you are seeing, the OS, the computer and which browser you are using.
Title: Re: Has someone "fixed" the forum software?
Post by: AreBee on October 21, 2015, 06:56:19 am
Kevin,

Quote
We addressed everything we could on the forum software.

Were you unable to address these (http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=103840.msg853625#msg853625) two requests?