Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BernardLanguillier on September 14, 2015, 08:27:12 pm

Title: A strange wedding?
Post by: BernardLanguillier on September 14, 2015, 08:27:12 pm
Team,

Does this one work for you?

(https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5761/21383168695_31ff752552_o.jpg)

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: A strange wedding?
Post by: armand on September 14, 2015, 08:54:33 pm
That dolphin feels like something is stuck in my eye. Lower might have worked better.
Title: Re: A strange wedding?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 14, 2015, 09:14:46 pm
I think the new couple will make a big splash!   ;)

Don't you have a follow-up about fifteen seconds later?
Title: Re: A strange wedding?
Post by: BobDavid on September 16, 2015, 12:58:55 am
It is a strange picture--odd juxtaposition. I think if you crop the image right above the head of the person in the pool, the composition will come together. The tonality and the clarity of the couple is nice. I like the blurry dolphin-in-motion.
Title: Re: A strange wedding?
Post by: BernardLanguillier on September 16, 2015, 02:09:55 am
Thanks for your kind inputs!

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: A strange wedding?
Post by: David Anderson on September 16, 2015, 02:57:22 am
Certainly different.

I can see it becoming a thing and the wedding guys getting swamped with requests for dolphins...  ;D
15 minutes later, it will go quiet again.  :o
Title: Re: A strange wedding?
Post by: armand on September 16, 2015, 12:57:24 pm
It is a strange picture--odd juxtaposition. I think if you crop the image right above the head of the person in the pool, the composition will come together. The tonality and the clarity of the couple is nice. I like the blurry dolphin-in-motion.

That might work because now I'm first looking at the lady in the water then I go towards the couple with the dolphin being almost in the way. With the lady out the dolphin will be the foreground if that makes sense.
Title: Re: A strange wedding?
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 16, 2015, 02:59:13 pm
I agree with Bob's suggested crop. I think it makes the image much stronger.

Jeremy
Title: Re: A strange wedding?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 16, 2015, 03:33:12 pm
I agree with Bob's suggested crop. I think it makes the image much stronger.

Jeremy
Me too.
Title: Re: A strange wedding?
Post by: BernardLanguillier on September 16, 2015, 08:13:48 pm
Yep, well spotted, cropping that way makes the image much better!

Thanks!

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: A strange wedding?
Post by: petermfiore on September 16, 2015, 08:25:43 pm
Yep, well spotted, cropping that way makes the image much better!

Thanks!

Cheers,
Bernard


Very Fellini...good company.

Peter
Title: Re: A strange wedding?
Post by: BernardLanguillier on September 17, 2015, 03:55:48 am
Very Fellini...good company.

Very kind of you Peter. :-)

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: A strange wedding?
Post by: BobDavid on September 17, 2015, 08:48:38 am




Fellini!!