Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Zerui on September 14, 2015, 06:22:51 am

Title: Sony ODS-D77U Disk Archive System
Post by: Zerui on September 14, 2015, 06:22:51 am
I would be interested to hear from anyone who has adopted the Sony ODS-D77U Disk Archive
and, if so, what is their experience.
Or do you recommend an alternative system for reliable long term archiving?
Not RAID.  Not DVD.  Both have let me down in the past.
Zerui
Title: Re: Sony ODS-D77U Disk Archive System
Post by: Ken R on September 14, 2015, 07:28:17 am
I would be interested to hear from anyone who has adopted the Sony ODS-D77U Disk Archive
and, if so, what is their experience.
Or do you recommend an alternative system for reliable long term archiving?
Not RAID.  Not DVD.  Both have let me down in the past.
Zerui

I would check out the LTO system. Media is pretty cheap and of much higher capacity. My best friend owns a film/video post-production house and most projects require LTO backup.