Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: tsk1979 on September 14, 2015, 03:00:20 am
-
Lets see. 100+ GB of images, about 8000 frames. Took me over 10 hours in shooting time. The end result is a timelapse <4 minutes long.
I created two versions. The Alternate version is a little slower and has a different mood.
Shooting locations were in georgia,Europe (Tusheti, Mestia, Juta, Kutaisi)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4kMn8wf_vI
Alternate version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mCqvTePL4c
Panning was done in software
For assembly I used Virtualdub+Avisynth and also used mvtools2 plugin for smoothing and framerate increase
-
Well done.
I've did you use any motion control when shooting at all? Or is all the motion in post?
I'm curious about what lens you used for the astral photography. I've been playing in that arena just a bit recently, and lenses I think of as sharp (nikkor 20mm f2.8, for example) seem not quite up to the task.
Lovely to watch this.
DAF
-
I used panning in post processing.
Camera used was a Sony A7 90% of the time, with the city sequence done by D7000.
24MP gives a lot of room for panning
On the Sony A7 the milky way sequence was shot with Samyang 14mm F2.8 wide open others were with the kit lens. 28-70
On the D7000 I used a Tokina 11-16 2.8
If you are going full HD, and your final image after panning is around 3000 on the long side, you are okay. However, if you pan so much that your final image is 1080P, then its a problem
-
Well done.
I've did you use any motion control when shooting at all? Or is all the motion in post?
I'm curious about what lens you used for the astral photography. I've been playing in that arena just a bit recently, and lenses I think of as sharp (nikkor 20mm f2.8, for example) seem not quite up to the task.
Lovely to watch this.
DAF
About the lens part, I re-read your post Nikon eh?
A 14mm F2.8 with a 40 second exposure will work great (full frame) and 25s if APS-C
Another lens you can use is the 20mm F1.8
On a full frame this is just amazing. A 30 second exposure on full frame will give you incredible milky way and starry skies photo.
Make sure to do so when moon is not there and you are at a dark sky location
-
About the lens part, I re-read your post Nikon eh?
A 14mm F2.8 with a 40 second exposure will work great (full frame) and 25s if APS-C
Another lens you can use is the 20mm F1.8
On a full frame this is just amazing. A 30 second exposure on full frame will give you incredible milky way and starry skies photo.
Make sure to do so when moon is not there and you are at a dark sky location
Thank you for this. I've been interested in the 20mm f1.8 lens. This makes another good reason to get it.
-
Thank you for this. I've been interested in the 20mm f1.8 lens. This makes another good reason to get it.
Yes, if you are into Astro, A 20 mm 1.4 is great. A 14-15mm F2.8 is also amazing. how I wish there was a full frame F2 or F1.8 14-16mm type of lens!