Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: calindustries on September 11, 2015, 02:09:54 pm
-
Hey all,
I realize this is the "wrong" part of the forum but it's the only one I really ever go to. On occasion, I shoot some interiors for a friend. I usually always shoot them with a 5DIII vs my H4X because of the ease and ISO available to me. Normally I use the 24TSE II which is quite a clean lens for my use, but sometimes I've needed to use the 45 TSE because the 24 was too wide. This lens is pretty bad by comparison (at least the 2 different ones I've rented), not nearly as sharp and a lot of fringing. Any other suggestions for shiftable lenses that will mount to the canon I could use in this focal range?
Thanks,
Craig
-
SK makes tilt shift lenses in native EOS mount in the PC-TS line, like the 50mm f/2.8 PC-TS Super Angulon (12mm shift, 8° tilt).
-
Thanks!
-
Hasselblad C/CF/CFE 40f4/50f4 lenses via Mirex Hasselblad V - Canon EF adapter which allows tilt and 15mm shift in any direction.
Sharpness is better than the Canon 45 TSE and more shift (15 vs. 12 mm).
-
Or Pentax 645 Lenses also. The 35, 55 and 75 are very good.
Hasselblad C/CF/CFE 40f4/50f4 lenses via Mirex Hasselblad V - Canon EF adapter which allows tilt and 15mm shift in any direction.
Sharpness is better than the Canon 45 TSE and more shift (15 vs. 12 mm).
-
http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=97781.msg801026#msg801026
-
Olympus and Zeiss make pretty good 35mm shift lenses, but the Canon 45 is not really that bad after you do the Analyze function for chromatic aberration in Capture One. Looks like a completely different lens after that. And one that's quite usable.
-
http://www.mirex-adapter.de/tilt_shift_adapter.htm
with the 45tse i disagree, i had a real horrible copy , pretty useless lens. Not very sharp if shifted, lots of CA.