Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on September 05, 2015, 11:44:50 pm

Title: Soulful Singers
Post by: Chris Calohan on September 05, 2015, 11:44:50 pm
Have had an opportunity to shoot a local set of concert events. Shooting at 1/100 in the ISO 6400-10,000 range at f:4/5.6 makes it all quite interesting. Many of the images I've converted to B&W are more so because of the distortion to skin tones cause by colored gels.
Title: Re: Soulful Singers
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on September 06, 2015, 12:57:11 am
Very good series, Chris. I actually quite like the middle one because of the color gels.
Title: Re: Soulful Singers
Post by: BobDavid on September 06, 2015, 01:58:06 am
I think the first one is excellent, especially if you crop it right above the elbow. His left arm is a distraction.
Title: Re: Soulful Singers
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 06, 2015, 08:44:32 am
Very good series, Chris. I actually quite like the middle one because of the color gels.
Me too. And the sweat on his face shows he is really into his music.
Title: Re: Soulful Singers
Post by: Chris Calohan on September 06, 2015, 10:26:15 am
I think the first one is excellent, especially if you crop it right above the elbow. His left arm is a distraction.

Like thus?
Title: Re: Soulful Singers
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 06, 2015, 12:35:44 pm
I like the new cropped version.
Title: Re: Soulful Singers
Post by: RSL on September 06, 2015, 03:48:51 pm
I like the uncropped version. I think Chris saw it whole. The left hand is a part of the picture.
Title: Re: Soulful Singers
Post by: BobDavid on September 07, 2015, 06:01:46 pm
Here's what I was thinking...
Title: Re: Soulful Singers
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 07, 2015, 07:31:51 pm
I like this version best (so far).