Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: Scotty-S on September 04, 2015, 05:01:01 pm

Title: New Sony FF A Mount body coming???
Post by: Scotty-S on September 04, 2015, 05:01:01 pm
So this is a speculation and question in one.

Tamron launches 2 A mount FF lenses.

Sonyalpharumors says SR4 that there are updates to the ZA85 and ZA135 coming.

Sony just updated the ZA16-35/2.8 and ZA24-70/2.8 for better autofocus.

They just released the A7rII with fantastic phase detect AF on sensor.

Is it fair to think that there may be an A99 mirrorless full size A mount body (no SLT) on the way soon?

I hope so because I personally would prefer that to the A7rII.

Any thoughts?
Title: Re: New Sony FF A Mount body coming???
Post by: photo570 on September 04, 2015, 07:00:15 pm
I would also snap two of these up, as a current A99 user I have been keeping an eye on the 7 series cameras and have a good friend who has gone that way (A7r, and now A7rII), so I have hands on experience with both, and still prefer the A99 type of camera. I just needs a refresh with all of the current goodies as it is now 3 years old. Yes drop the SLT as it really is a mirrorless camera in all but name, and the SLT was really a beam splitter for the AF which with the advances in on sensor tech is now redundant.

Jason.