Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: stamper on September 04, 2015, 07:11:02 am

Title: Together at last.
Post by: stamper on September 04, 2015, 07:11:02 am
Probably strangers?
Title: Re: Together at last.
Post by: Otto Phocus on September 04, 2015, 07:23:28 am
I really like the patterns and B/W pulls them out.

I wonder if the scene would look better without the people?

As for your title/comment, Did you get the impression that they knew each other?
Title: Re: Together at last.
Post by: stamper on September 04, 2015, 07:53:07 am
I am 99.9% certain they didn't know each other because they walked past each other without nodding or speaking. The idea of the image is to present the possibility that they knew each other. The fact that you asked the question means that you thought about it and the image "works"
Title: Re: Together at last.
Post by: Otto Phocus on September 04, 2015, 08:32:36 am
The fact that you asked the question means that you thought about it and the image "works"

Well, no..  The reason I asked was that you wrote a caption.  So your caption worked.  :)

Just looking at this photograph would not have raised that question at all, to be honest.

But in any case, I think you had a great capture of patterns and tones and made a good use of curves in this shot.
Title: Re: Together at last.
Post by: stamper on September 04, 2015, 08:57:51 am
You are obviously looking at the image differently from me. To me it was a people image and not a graphic.
Title: Re: Together at last.
Post by: Otto Phocus on September 04, 2015, 09:07:42 am
Very true, I am not generally a people photographer.

But the nice thing about your image is that it can be appreciated by different viewers for different reasons.
Title: Re: Together at last.
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 04, 2015, 09:28:58 am
I hardly ever do people pictures (because they are hard to get right). But in this one I think the graphics and the figures really work together. It suggests to me a scene out of some Hitchcock film, and I find myself holding my breath to see what will happen when they finally meet.

Good seeing!


Title: Re: Together at last.
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on September 04, 2015, 09:41:09 am
.... It suggests to me a scene out of some Hitchcock film, and I find myself holding my breath to see what will happen when they finally meet.

Nothing. The guy clearly pays no attention, so the most that could have happened would be he bumps into her, tummy first.
Title: Re: Together at last.
Post by: RSL on September 04, 2015, 11:47:09 am
Now THAT would have been the picture.
Title: Re: Together at last.
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 04, 2015, 01:45:18 pm
He's clearly paying no visible attention to her because he is waiting for her to get close enough before he pounces.
Title: Re: Together at last.
Post by: RSL on September 04, 2015, 02:06:54 pm
". . .before he pounces."

Before he bumps. Tummy first.