Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: mikeodial on September 03, 2015, 01:55:06 pm
-
Sigma SD1M 8-16mm Sigma Zoom 1/250 f9
-
Pretty. The two bright red spots, which I assume are flare, are distracting, though, and would be easy enough to remove.
Jeremy
-
Nice scene. If this were my shot, I'd consider straightening the horizon, working on the greenish tone in the sky, and (perhaps) reducing the saturation a bit, in addition to removing the two lens flares, as Jeremy suggests.
-
This is my first post here. Nice scene; I agree with the previous posters about the green cast in the skies and that the horizon line can be straightened out. I also wanted to point out the possibility of other shots when taking this photograph. I really like what is going on in the patterns left in the exposed sand at low tide. There may be a dramatic shot in there by getting really close to the ground with that wide angle lens that could contain the sand, water, sun, and sky. This would possibly create an interesting near-ground-foreground relationship. Good work. I hope you found my comments helpful.
Kevin
-
..., I'd consider ... working on the greenish tone in the sky...
Noooo...and lose that signature Foveon color? ;)
-
I really like what is going on in the patterns left in the exposed sand at low tide. There may be a dramatic shot in there by getting really close to the ground with that wide angle lens that could contain the sand, water, sun, and sky. This would possibly create an interesting near-ground-foreground relationship.
That is very much what I was thinking when I first saw this image. But I am very much prejudiced in favor of details of tidal sand patterns.
-
Agree ... Thank you. This lens is subject to some flare unfortunately. Edited and straightened.