Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Some Guy on September 02, 2015, 10:27:18 pm

Title: New version of i1Profiler (iPublish) is out.
Post by: Some Guy on September 02, 2015, 10:27:18 pm
Version 1.6.3 is released for both Win & Mac.

Notes: This update to i1Profiler is a bug-fix release that corrects multiple issues from the 1.6.0 and 1.6.1 releases.

http://xritephoto.com/ph_product_overview.aspx?ID=1913&Action=Support&SoftwareID=1575 (http://xritephoto.com/ph_product_overview.aspx?ID=1913&Action=Support&SoftwareID=1575)

SG
Title: Re: New version of i1Profiler (iPublish) is out.
Post by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on September 03, 2015, 03:56:33 am
Version 1.6.3 is released for both Win & Mac.

Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers,
Bart
Title: Re: New version of i1Profiler (iPublish) is out.
Post by: TylerB on September 03, 2015, 03:02:06 pm
you first
Title: Re: New version of i1Profiler (iPublish) is out.
Post by: rdonson on September 03, 2015, 04:35:48 pm
Thanks, SG.  The update was painless except for the forced reboot on my Mac.
Title: Re: New version of i1Profiler (iPublish) is out.
Post by: Simon Garrett on September 03, 2015, 05:52:56 pm
Yes thanks SG (good initials, those).

Oddly, iProfiler is the only xrite software I don't have issues with.  Prior to the i1 Display Pro I used the ColorMunki, and though the software is OK, the installer is buggy.  The software for the colour checker passport has been unable to deal with 36M pixel images for dual illumant profiles - a bug reported when the D800 was lauched three and a half years ago. 
Title: Re: New version of i1Profiler (iPublish) is out.
Post by: howardm on September 03, 2015, 05:56:15 pm
Thanks, SG.  The update was painless except for the forced reboot on my Mac.

You can always call up the Force Quit panel cmd/opt/esc and quit the installer before pressing the Restart button and reboot
at your leisure.
Title: Re: New version of i1Profiler (iPublish) is out.
Post by: rdonson on September 03, 2015, 06:56:37 pm
You can always call up the Force Quit panel cmd/opt/esc and quit the installer before pressing the Restart button and reboot
at your leisure.

True but the software should be better written IMHO.  Right now the installer acts as if it were written by a novice Windows programmer.  Anyway, I'm happy and it was just an observed quirk in an otherwise good product.
Title: Re: New version of i1Profiler (iPublish) is out.
Post by: Simon Garrett on September 04, 2015, 04:31:22 am
Right now the installer acts as if it were written by a novice Windows programmer.  Anyway, I'm happy and it was just an observed quirk in an otherwise good product.

Xrite are a shining example of the principle that very few companies can produce both decent hardware and decent software.  Apple are perhaps one of the few exceptions. 
Title: Re: New version of i1Profiler (iPublish) is out.
Post by: TylerB on September 07, 2015, 08:29:11 pm
actually my experiences with Apple the last few years have been pretty dismal too.. anyway, after installation I got the all-too-familiar hasp incoming network bs alert.. requiring moving com.aladdin.hasplmd.plist to the trash again.. I wonder if they will ever sort that out? Even the alert you get requires some googling, who knows what "hasp" has to do with anything??

So I've been meaning to ask about this for several versions now.. I have my profile building settings saved. Each time a have a new measurement ready to build from I load these settings, and each time this comes up-
Would you like to use the white point settings from the file that you selected to load? Ummmmm

there has to be a better way to state this, or something... is it the setting from the settings file I just loaded? Is it some paper white from the measurement file? Will global warming accelerate up if I select the wrong one?


I should add that on both a Lion machine and a Yosemite machine, fairly generic, the installer stalled and had to be force quit at some point. Excellent
Title: Re: New version of i1Profiler (iPublish) is out.
Post by: rdonson on September 07, 2015, 09:10:08 pm
A .plist is a property list for keeping data related to an application.  For some reason they occasionally get dorked up.  Many apps I've encountered will create a new .plist if you delete one.
Title: Re: New version of i1Profiler (iPublish) is out.
Post by: digitaldog on September 08, 2015, 12:57:58 pm
True but the software should be better written IMHO. 
It's idiotic that we have to reboot these days. All thanks to XRD which is AFAIK useless anyway.